Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about five pounds of fried chicken that I inherited Sunday from a banquet I helped put together. We already had leftovers yesterday, but I still have all this fried chicken left and know there is something else I must be able to do with it besides throw it away. What, if anything, would you do with it? And, yes, DH and DS are so through with eating it straight as leftovers!

·
Registered
401 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind is mixing it in with salad greens.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
If it's boneless, chop 'er up and add it to everything -- pizzas, sandwiches, pastas, rices, casseroles, etc. Chicken burgers, stir fries, salads, macaroni and cheese, etc. all taste great with chicken.

If there's bones on it, I'd peel the skin off and debone it, chop it up, and freeze it. The skins, if you're not too health concious, could probably be tossed into the oven and baked a bit to be made crispy. Or you could throw all the skin and bones into a pot and boil 'em to make yourself a nice broth. It would probably be a bit greasy, but it'd be a nice rich flavor.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Naderbug said:
If there's bones on it, I'd peel the skin off and debone it, chop it up, and freeze it.
Then you can use it later, at your convenience for soup, casserole, chicken salad, etc.

·
28,354 Posts
I'm with Alabamagirl. My fav is this from Friendlys. Was better when they had tortilla strips on top.
A Friendly's classic made with golden strips of chicken, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses, tomatoes and sliced egg atop a bed of mixed field greens. Served with honey mustard dressing.

Add to a stir fry

freeze some
or~http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1939,146171-237202,00.html

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I 2nd and 3rd the cleaning it off the bones and using it up in casseroles, once you do that you can freeze it too.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Cut it off the bones and freeze it for future use in salads, tortillas, soups, etc....

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I WOULD SUGGEST TO MAKE CHICKEN TACOS OR CHICKEN TOSTADAS. MY FAMILY LOVES THEM. YOU CAN USE EITHER SOFT OR HARD SHELLS. THEY TASTE SO GOOD. AND YOU CAN ADD ALL THE FIXINGS IF YOU WANT (TOMATOES, LETTUCE, SOUR CREAM, BEANS, AVOCADOS, ETC). YOU JUST PULL THE CHICKEN OFF THE BONE, THEN JUST SHRED IT. I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!! I LOVE HAVING LEFT OVER CHICKEN:D

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
take the skin off and cut it up and use it for chicken quesadillias. pn a flour tortilla put some of teh chicken, shredded cheese and a bit of salsa then another tortilla. bake at 350 until heated through and cheese is melted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Leftover fried chicken is one of my favourite things. I chop it up into little pieces, mix it with mayo and spring onions and use it as a delicious sandwich filling. I can get a couple of days worth of school lunches out of it and the kids love it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts