Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was invited to a birthday party for an aquaintance. I really do enjoy her company and we have been spending more time together. Anyway it is her 40th and it is at a hall. I realize that many times people get silly with the presents. I would like to just get her something simple that she might enjoy. I was thinking maybe a nice scarf. Do you think that is appropriate? Not really sure what to do but do not want to go empty handed.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
are you buying or making a gift ?

do you live near a boscovs ? everytime i walk in that place they have these nice pashima ( ? spelling ) scarves - the kind to dress up an outfit for under 10$ as one of their " loss leaders " to draw people in the store.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish we had a boscovs around here. I was thinking of getting a scarf (pashmina) when I am in the city this saturday. May include a certificate for one nights babysitting since they do have two young boys. Not sure since I really have not been around the family alot. But I am sure they would appreciate it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
my go to gift in these instances where i don't want to buy anything $$, or cluttery is hersey's hugs and kisses...

with a note that says i got you 40 hugs and kisses on your birthday....

it's usually a hit..

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Well, I was invited to a birthday party for an aquaintance. I really do enjoy her company and we have been spending more time together. Anyway it is her 40th and it is at a hall. I realize that many times people get silly with the presents. I would like to just get her something simple that she might enjoy. I was thinking maybe a nice scarf. Do you think that is appropriate? Not really sure what to do but do not want to go empty handed.

Any ideas?
Sounds like a fantastic gift. Excellent choice.

my go to gift in these instances where i don't want to buy anything $$, or cluttery is hersey's hugs and kisses...

with a note that says i got you 40 hugs and kisses on your birthday....

it's usually a hit..
Of course, this sounds really good too...Can see why it's usually a big hit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.