Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mil passed away a number of years ago but when she was living it was always difficult to find a card to give to her. Her and I clashed big time, so to find a card that wasn't too mushy was difficult.

Do you have a hard time finding a mil card on Mother's Day or do you even give your mil a card?

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
This will probably sound bad, but I don't send one. I encourage Gabe to call and do anything he wants gift/cardwise and call it a day.

·
27,948 Posts
I bought mine last week.:)
Front: 50's type kitchen scene with a young girl licking the frosting off the beaters for a cake the mom made.
Inside: "You're the secret ingredient in this family!"
Nothing would be like it is for this whole family if not for her,  we love her  very much.:hugz:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I usually get a "Thank you for raising such a wonderful man" type of card. Its the best thing she's ever done for me!:hubba:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I usually buy one that I end up making Mel sign and then mail it to his mom. Me and Ryan send a little hello in it as well.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
My MIL is very dear to me, so I don't have a difficult time. I also send her flowers on DH's birthday, to thank her for such a wonderful son

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My MIL has also passed on but when she was here I would normally get a nice card that was from "the both of us."

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
When my MIL was living we always sent a nice card & mostly bought Her a plant.

She was a good old girl & we got along just fine. She taught me many things. Mostly canning, sewing & cooking. She tried to teach me BAKING...but I never quite got it!!!!!! :toothy:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I buy one for my husband to send -- usually it is either totally funny or very mushy. She loves either kind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts