Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drapes, curtains, blinds.....?

We are complete minimalists and don't even have window treatments other than vertical blinds. I've been meaning to get some, but keep putting it aside. Not too important on the priority list.

Sara

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
We have mini blinds (I hate them) and drapes/curtains. I made all of them. Dh has a thing about people looking in, I asked him who is going to look in? The cows???? Lol

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Mini blinds with curtains in the bedrooms, just curtains in the rest of the house.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I have to have window treatments...we live in a :fish: bowl and everyone could see in otherwise. We have mini blinds on most of the windows, vertical blinds on the deck doors and the big window in the kitchen. Some of the rooms have curtains too...mostly the "balloon" valance style. When we moved in, the woman moving out lost the house and was bitter--she took EVERYTHING with her, all the blinds, toilet paper holders, stove, built in dishwasher and microwave. She was slightly vindictive :laugh:, but I digress :)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Mini blinds and curtains most of the lace...... I like it private..

·
Registered
448 Posts
There are vertical blinds in the Family room that faces the street....I only close them in the Summer to control heat.

The rest of the time I have sheers, leave them closed to distort the view at night, and tie them in various knots during the day to let light in.

Same in Dining room.

I bought a swag valance at G-sale so that is in the bedroom over the mini blinds ...I have let the Holly in front of the window grow up very tall so I can see the sun and greenery without the neighbors seeing in...but close the mini blinds at night.

the boys won't let me decorate their rooms, so mini blinds there...and in their loft upstairs, I have solid white panels over lace....

In kitchen, I have cafe curtains over the doors, and a eyelet swag over a stained glass piece I got a great deal on. you can see me in my kitchen in the night because I can't stand my view blocked....corner lot, no fence, everyone gets to see my kitchen....lol...I'm sure they just love my nightgown too...:laugh:

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Mini blinds only.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
We have lacey swags and valances and shades in the bedrooms and swags in the kitchen. The bathroom has frosted glass , so just a swag in there. The other bathroom has no window. In my wicker room. The box window just has and antique stained glass window hanging from hooks, and the front window has a sheer embroidered curtain that is white. All of the treatments are white or off white with colored trim.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My front window and dining room windows have lace sheers and balloon valances on them and I hate them!!! My slidding glass door has verical blinds on it and the other windows all have mini blinds on them. I hate them all!!!!!! We are hoping to put wood shutters up in all the windows but I have 12 regular windows to do so it might take us a very long time since they are very expensive. We are taking the slidding glass door out and replacing it with french doors.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Miniblinds and valances on every window.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts