*Slinky.
*Silly putty.
*Monkeys in a barrel.
*Lincoln logs.
*Pick up Stix.
*Battleship.
*Legos.
*Other. If so, what was it?

I used to like the slinky until it became all tangled and wouldn't "walk" like it should anymore...lol!

I also like silly putty. I used to get the Sunday comics and pull the images up off the paper onto the silly putty.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I spent most of my time playing "school" when I was young. I had some very smart dolls! lol

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I had the Chrissy and Velvet dolls that had growing hair and I loved them dearly. I styled and curled and styled and curled some more on their beautiful nylon hair, LOL. I finally gave them to my sisters and I am sure they were soon scalped, the little stinkers gave all their doll babies haircuts, they had some of the most stylish bald headed Barbies in the neighborhood, LOL.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I loved to play with those tiny plastic animals that came in a bag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Thumbelina was my most favourite doll. I loved playing with my dolls and I was the same Sherry, loved playing school!! Is it a wonder I wanted to be a teacher and a Mommy!!:smball:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I'd have to say lincoln logs :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I had a tippy toes doll. She was my favorite. I had Barbie with the Barbie camper. I can't remember if I had Crissy or Velvet. They were cool too. Then there was my piano.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
We played with all of those things, plus Barbie and GI Joe. More often though we would put blankets on the floor and pretend they were rafts and we were shipwrecked, Do you remember that Lori? Our names were Peter, Tom and Pebbles.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
We played school alot to...of course I was ALWAYS the teacher :D
We played Barbies. Even those this isn't toys,I also remember playing hide and go seek with the boys :toothy: and then we'd see who could catch the most lighting bugs.awwww the good ole days!

·
Registered
341 Posts
When I was 5, I got this doll who's name was DROWSY, she had a soft body with pink polka dot pj's, and a hard vinyl head, with a kooky hairdo in platinum blonde. She had a string you pulled to make her talk. I just loved that doll.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I remember Drowsy! I did not have one of those, but I did have "Chrissy" with the growing hair. She had red hair. If I remember right, Velvet had blonde hair. It is funny, but Chrissy is the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the subject of this poll. She was a cool doll.

Deb

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
My sister had a Drowsy! We played with our Barbies A LOT, but they were always going over the Oregon Trail--Pioneer Barbie! LOL We spent DAYS at a time playing with them and sewing clothes for them along with our Breyer horses to pull the wagons we made out of shoe boxes!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I had Crissy and Velvet too. I also had one that her eyes changed colors!

Then there was my Victorian doll house that a neighbour lady made for me out of balsa wood. she hand made everything in it! Till my Brothers wrecked it!

I use to like to play tea party with all my dolls and of course Holly Hobbie was always the guest of honor!

·
27,948 Posts
We played with Barbies alot. We used kleenex boxes for beds and tissues for a pillow and blanket. :toothy:

Loved to play with matchbox cars in the dirt in the driveway making cool roads and tunnels with all kinds of stuff. Fondly remember the bee boo bee boo of the sirens from the rescue vehicles that came to help when there was a big wreck or something.

Played a lot of "school" and "store" too.:)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
bamamomto3 said:
We played school alot to...of course I was ALWAYS the teacher :D
We played Barbies. Even those this isn't toys,I also remember playing hide and go seek with the boys :toothy: and then we'd see who could catch the most lighting bugs.awwww the good ole days!
Tammy, you would think we grew up in the same neighborhood, not 1500 miles away from each other!! :D We also played kick the can alot! Most of the games we played were outside.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I loved to play with ...

*Cabbage Patch dolls ~ I had a few of them

*Barbie till my older sister would "kill" them :laugh: she was a tom-boy

*Rainbow Bright

*Carebears ~ I still want some of these :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts