Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about this alot lately (maybe because of turning 35 this year). But I have been thinking about if I had the chance to do one thing differently in my life up to this point, what would it be? If I could go back and change one thing that I did in my life and what that thing would be. Does anyone else feel like this? If you had the chance to change one thing in your life what would it be? And why?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I would have let nothing get in my way of becomming a cross country Truck Driver. ( I always wanted to drive an 18 wheeler.)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
One thing I regret is not finishing college the first time. So a few years ago I went back and will get my degree this November. It's never too late!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
It would have to be joining the military after I graduated. Since I was about 5 years old thats all I wanted. I was going to join and become a nurse. My first husband convinced me not to. I should have listened to myself. That and bank all my money.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I would spend less time & energy worrying about having kids. They came at exactly the right time in our lives, despite all the problems I had medically. I would have more faith that God would bless us when the time was right.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Well I guess for me just go back about 5 years when I had an awesome paying job (before buying this house) and bank all that money, we currently live off less than what I used to make, that and not using credit cards.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I would have never used my credit cards and I would have opted for a less expensive vehicle. I am going to chalk these things up to life experience though and hope that I have learned my lesson. I would say I wish I had gone to school for a different degree, but then chances are slim I would have met my fiance, and I think we are right for each other.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I regret not going to medical school. But at the time I had to make a decision (or at least I thought I had to make one), I was only 22 and stupid and I decided to have children.

And I NEVER had any regrets about that!! :dancing:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I did something very hurtful to my mom when I was 15. It was unintentional, but I've felt horrible about it since the moment I did it. There are lots of things I wish I'd done differently in my life, but that's the one I really regret.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
The one thing I would go back & change in my life would be the people who I let in my life when my girls were babies & I was going through a very difficult time :(

G

·
I would have stayed single while I was in college. I dated the same guy for the entire 4 years I was there - not that he was a bad guy, but I knew from the beginning that I wasn't going to marry him. Now I am happily married (to someone else), but I can't help wondering at how I really missed out on actually having fun dating and meeting different guys. I wouldn't trade my husband for anything, but I sometimes wonder who else is out there.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I have a night in college I wish I could re-do :sigh: ........

·
Registered
616 Posts
I wish that I would have waited to have children. I love my kids but I was way too young when I had my first (I was 21).

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I would not have married my first husband. I'd be different person now for sure.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I would have told my parents to kiss my @ss and taken the scholarship I won in theatre back in 1983 for Circle in the Square in NY. Yup, I won a full tuition scholarship that my parents had an absolute screaming, cussing fit about. They did not understand the prestige or recognize the talent it took to win. After months of horrendous fighting I gave in.

I married a local actor 11 years older than me when I was barely 19. That's something else I would change, should have never married that young.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I love my family but honestly I wish I had gone to school before I got married and had kids. Trying to figure out how to go to school now and meet the needs of the family is proving to be quite hard.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine would be going to school earlier. I know it's not too late but I feel old even though I'm only 21 I feel like at this point I could be making alot of money insteada just working a full time, going nowhere job. Also being more selective with bfs. My last one was totally bipolar and crazy and still contacts me to this day even though I have a bf and it's been almost 2 years.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'd redo college and not pay attention to what everybody else said I should do. It took me a long time to let myself be "me" instead of the person everyone wanted/expected me to be. I love nature, and always have, and didn't let myself go for it because everybody else wanted me to be an exec or government official - I'll admit that I have skills that could be used that way, but you really pay a price if you go into something you don't enjoy. I'd still rather be a park ranger.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts