Being frugal is different for most people. What certain things will you NOT do that you've heard of other people doing. My list that I won't do is:
* While I do reuse ziplock bags to a point, I will not wash them out to reuse them if they've held food. It simply grosses me out.
*I use enough toilet paper so that I don't get ANYTHING on my hands.
* I wash my hands with enough soap to get a good lather.
* I use my dishwasher ~ but make sure it's completely full.
* I LOVE long baths & showers. What's the point of being stingy with the things you love if you can afford to pinch pennies elsewhere?
* I do shop for new clothes (b/c I hate the clothes that I find & can hardly ever find nice stuff in my size at the thrift stores), but I also ONLY buy things that I LOVE on me & then wear them until they no longer fit or they are rags!
* I refuse to buy things that would endanger my family OR would need to be replaced anytime in the next few years...
Those are the tops of my list. What's the top of yours?
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Frugal Village Forums
A forum community dedicated to the frugal lifestyle and the enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about simple and green living, cost effective tips, life hacks, debt reduction, recycling, gardening, other homesteading techniques, and more!