Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you could have ANY job in the world..what would it be ????

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Oddly enough,

Who I am now, 20 years ago. I'm a bookseller and part-time writer. I would have liked to have been a Mom too.

Judi

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
a veterinarian or a farmer, or a crafter by trade

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
what I am now, a business owner, or my old job, supervisor of a production plant.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
ok, so I love being a mom.....but if I could just dream a bit, here are my top "dream jobs"

1. a storm chaser - oh yea, the bigger the tornado, the better
2. a meteoroligist - yep, love the weather (the weirder, the better)
3. a nutrition couselor

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I loved my old job. I used to manage research labs. I love anything science and it can give you a mix of really really busy days doing lots of bench work as well as more relaxed days where you can BS and work on data.

If I had a dream however, I would like to be a large animal vet. When I was little I read "All Things Great and Small" by James Harriot. I just loved the life that was written about...an old time country vet. I think that would be heaven to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ok, so I love being a mom.....but if I could just dream a bit, here are my top "dream jobs"

1. a storm chaser - oh yea, the bigger the tornado, the better
2. a meteoroligist - yep, love the weather (the weirder, the better)
3. a nutrition couselor
Cool! I love those.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Well if I wasn't doing what I currently am and lived a different life, my dream job would be to be an archaeologist. As a kid I always dug in the dirt, and still do really. I look down at the ground everywhere I am (you'd be surprised at what you may find). I collect rocks and things from everywhere we go.

It's funny actually thinking about it when we moved into this house the person that owned it before owned a tiling company and had all of their discontinued and old tiles out back behind the shop, some were very old, some newer, some beautiful and in all different shapes and sizes. They had been there for YEARS and my goodness there was a ton of them. They eventually had sunken into the ground over time. The house had been empty for several years when we bought it, so after some much needed tree trimming and underbrush cleaning to even get back there, I had my very own archaeological dig and dug up all of those tiles and found some other very interesting things! They have been and continue to be put to good use.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would love to have Samantha Brown from the travel channels job....

that would be awesome !

·
Registered
46 Posts
I find the advertising industry to be fascinating. I worked in directory advertising sales in my former life.

When I worked in publishing, I didn't necessarily like my job, but publishing books is really interesting.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'd like to be a movie star or a trophy wife.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I would like to be a pediatrician for special needs children.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh--i would HATE to be a movie star....they can't do anything without the world knowing it and i love my privacy WAY TOO MUCH....

sure who wouldn't love their money and perks...but i don't think in the end it would be worth it...i would rather get rich by winning the lottery or something.....

i would be a very bad movie star........haha

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I would love to be a rich beach bumette and hire Matthew McConnaughey as my oil/towel boy.:hubba::hubba:

Cat

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I want the job as a lady walking along the Austrialan beach on for a commercial. Hey somebodys gotta do it! LOL

1 - 20 of 48 Posts