Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I would like to have an animal shelter.

If I weren't married, I would like to be a detective on the police force. I think I would have made a great detective. My husband would worry too much and I think I would let it consume my life. If I find myself single again, I would consider it.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
A stand-up comedian. I think George Carlin was the greatest.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Stay at home mama

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
a marine biologist or one of the desingers on Extreme Homemaker and Ty Penningtons girlfriend. hey a girl can dream right?????

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ugh... you do NOT want to be Ty's girlfriend...trust me....

extreme makeover came here locally and built a house (St. Meinrad area) last year.... he conned a 'pretty young thing' to be his 'girl' while he was here and wined and dined her for 2 weeks (and god knows what else...) and anyway after the two weeks of 'courtship' and promising her 'forever love now that he had found her' he up and left her in a hotel room here....of course she was 'heartbroken'....

....he should know better...but what do you expect...

its a small town...word travels fast around here....

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That's horrible!! What a pr&*k!!

Reactions: sabrelvssammy

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I always wanted to a politico...you know like on West Wing.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Back when I was a child, I used to haunt an old used book store in my home town. I would literally spend the entire day in there, either reading or talking to the owner. I doubt he got a half dozen customers in an average day, but I loved it there. I told him that I wanted to buy his store, if he ever retired.

Fast forward about 25 years, and I happened to be passing through my old stomping grounds again, so on a whim, I checked to see if the bookstore was still there! It WAS!! And when I walked in, the old familiar smell of the place triggered an olfactory memory that almost overwhelmed me. All the books were still in the same areas as before. It was like walking into a time bubble. New owner, though, who had lived my dream by doing exactly what I wanted to do - he bought the store from the owner and didn't change a thing.

My ideal 'job' is still the dream of sitting in a tiny used book store somewhere, surrounded by thousands of books, reading, uninterrupted for hours, and visiting with the people who wander in, no worries about money or time.

Barring that, I think I would truly enjoy being part of an international emergency response team, helping out wherever catastrophe strikes, making peoples' lives just a little easier in what is probably the bleakest time in their lives.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
20 years ago, I would have said Orthopedic Surgeon.
10 years ago, I would have said Lawyer.

The job I have now is the job I have always really wanted... SAHM. Sometimes I wished it did come with a paycheck, but I am exactly where I want to be.

·
Registered
621 Posts
In my prior life, I had what my daughter said was her dream job. I was a Buyer/Purchasing Agent. She said all I did was talk on the phone all day and buy things with other people's money. Kidda true.

My dream job at this point in time is the homesteading that I am doing.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
For right now I feel lucky and happy right where I am as a SAHM.

But a girl can always dream..
And in my dream, I'd open a used book shop/espresso stand and have an "advice window" in the back..and I'd just sit and drink coffee and spend my days solving the world's problems one at a time. As for ringing things up, I'd hire a long succession of nerdy but loveable college students preferably with conflicting political opinions.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
A judge so I could always get the last word

·
Registered
268 Posts
I love my job but at this stage of my life, I thought I would be winding down. But I am the worker with the benefits & we can't do without insurance. If DH had insurance coverage I would do a major career change- work in a greenhouse during their season & work at JoAnn Fabrics (or some other fabric store) in the off season. I would want to work 6:00 am to 2 ish at the greenhouse 3 or 4 days a week & 2 really long days at the fabric store so I could have most my days free to volunteer (hospital, church, food pantry, library, school) & spend time with grandkids.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Ty pennington has had the same girlfriend for a long time. She is also his manager so I am not sure I believe the story. Its a small town and things get blown way out of proportion.
Anyway, the point of this was what was your "dream" job let a girl have her fantasies.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Being a child/adolescent therapist pretty much is my dream job for now ... however, I'd love to be a SAHM in the future.

Other dream jobs:
-- child photographer
-- full-time crafter
-- interior decorator

21 - 40 of 48 Posts