Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my GOODNESS! Who sent me all this snow, it's BEAUTIFUL and coming down like crazy, I've got the sled, who wants to come play? Also have a few HUGE sledding hills, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! We're expecting between 6-12 inches of the white stuff by the time it's all said and done!:cheer4:

So far today I've

Hayed the critters
grained the mare herd (they look BEAUTIFUL with their snow blankets on)
Unloaded the grain from the truck (using my trusty sled)
Had to much coffee, lol
ran the dogs
started laundry

Just about to go grain the critters
bust ice in the buckets

Then to vacuum
load of laundry
NAP
figure out dinner

then evening chores

So what's up in your neck of the woods?

kj (in wild and snowy Ohio)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think we're getting the same kind of weather!! And I'm praying we don't get any freezing rain that Columbus is expecting!! The kids have a snow day, and my son is about to spend most of his day in his room if he doesn't lose the attitude!! My daughter is actually playing well on her own, and if all goes well, they'll be going outside soon!! They need to feed and water their dog, and let her out. Me?!?! I'll be catching up on laundry, loading & running the dishwasher, dinner, and straightening up the house a little.

Fingers crossed....no snow day tomorrow!! :D

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That freezing rain can stay south of me, thank you very much! Do NOT want it.

The kids here are on their 5th snow day for the year, so any more come out of summer break.

And hubby just emailed, he works about an hour away, made it fine but may be stuck there until tomorrow, some of the train crews called off so he gets to go play on the train in the snow for the day :) He loves getting out of the office to work the train as often as possible.

Soooo, it's just me and the critters :)

kj

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
We are getting one heck of a storm tonight (supposedly anyways) so I am doing a lot of food assembly. They are predicting 6-9" of snow, which will turn to ice tomorrow and power outages, if that happens, I can still use my stove, but not my oven... gas stove, but electric 'knobs'.

So far I ~
~ made breakfast
~ yelled at the weather man :lol:
~ brought the brood to school/work
~ went to the grocery store for produce
~ assembled the food things

I still need to --
~ make pizza dough
~ assemble pizzas
~ 2 @ 1 baking
~ pray the snow doesn't start until 5
~ pick up DD from Reading at 3:30
~ pick up Old Man from work at 3:40
~ race home and thaw out :lol:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm at work praying that it doesn't snow too much as I have to pick up my cat from the vets (she's having dental cleaning this morning) at 5:00. Then I have to get off to night school by 6:30!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Gee you could have kept it KJ,:fight: LOL Its headed here this afternoon and tonight.
then the freezing rain near morning. 6to 12 here.:furious:
As long as its not 46 inches like they got yesterday up North of us.:lame:

Oh yeah.. I'm getting the barn and stuff ready for the snow. Wood in etc.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Snowing here too. It looks like we are in a snowglobe. We are supposed to get 3 inches on top of the 10 that we already have.

So far today, I have showered, got ready for work, got Wesley up and dressed and dropped off at daycare. I have helped 3 customers at work, balanced the atm, chatted with dh, and balanced my checkbook.

I have to:

pick up a cake pan from the library
do dishes
do laundry
sweep
vacuum
mop
dust
go to dinner with friends.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Lucky you!! I want some snow!! I think all teachers around here want some. Right now in Southern KY it's raining and nasty. I would love love love to be playing in the snow with my DD - she's never played in it before. The county next to us has missed several snow days, but none for us. How weird!

·
Registered
528 Posts
We are suppose to get the snow also starting later today. I hope they can get all of the kids home from school before it starts. Yesterday it was so cold and windy and my grandkid's bus broke down before they picked them up after school. They had to get another bus and they didn't get home until 4:15. So we are going on round 2 tonite and tomorrow. So far I have cleaned Jim Bob the parakeet, thoroughly cleaned my upstairs bathroom waiting for the floor to dry and made the bed got myself together and took pork chops out for dinner tonite.I would like to get some reading done on a Beverly Lewis book but who knows. I never know what will come up during the day when you have a retired husband home during the day. Stay warm, dry and safe to all of you.

Monner :read:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
We got just a dusting of snow yesterday, so no sledding for us. It was a strange snow: looked like crumbled up styrofoam. The news said it was called "pellet" snow and that it only forms that way when it falls during really cold conditions.

And what are we doing today? We are continuing to paint and prime. The first floor is done and now we are tackling the second floor. Then we have the third floor and the basement to do.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I'm freezing my bum off!! Woke up to -8F, -19F with the windchill. I think it's up to 0F now :rolleyes: We're expecting snow this afternoon/evening. They are saying 6-10" with more possible if the lake effect bands settle in again.

Thankfully, the house is all clean still. I have one more load of laundry to finish and that's done too. The only things left to do are pick up the kids from school, start a fire in the woodstove, & put the chicken in the oven.

Right now, I'm cocooned in the recliner w. my blanket & my heating pad, laptop in hand, keeping warm! :snowing:

·
Registered
352 Posts
We got just pure ice early yesterday morning (sent snow your way after that).....over an inch so the kids have been sledding down our long hill, they've been having a ball. Thankfuly, we have power but are just kinda stuck around here which is ok since I'm pretty well stocked up and can't spend any money!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Whoo, that's cold Yankeemom! I think our weather from yesterday and the day before has moved into your area. We are going all the way up to 22
today. :hot:

I am making food for my dad and my FIL today. My dad lives alone, and FIL is in the hospital and can now eat 'anything' so I am making a fav for him as long as doctors say OK.

Oh, and laundry. :laundry:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Mercy, mercy, it is freezing rain here! Our neighbor brought his tractor down to scrape some of the ice off the diveway and the lane. I did not want to do it, so was very grateful!We had some hot chocolate to warm up. Had to cancel a hair appointment.I went with my sis to check on her horses. Then back here- going to clean the dining room and the laundry and mud rooms.Try to stay warm everyone!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
The folks just to the north of us got freezing rain. We just missed it here, it's raining and cool but not below freezing yet.

Dixie Jean

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
It is 74* here now. Suppose to storm later in the evening - and I love storms!!!

Today we are not doing too much.
~A page or two in my scrapbook
~Run to the bank to make a savings deposit.
~Do school work with DS.
~Feed everyone dinner.
~Take the kids to the game center tonight from 5:00-10:00. They are in a Call of Duty 4 tournament that takes place evey Tuesday night for the next few weeks.
~Watch Big Brother!!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Gotta Laugh as I sit here in my shorts, tshirt and bare feet. Its 82 and overcast here in Bradenton We're expecting rain in a few hours but right now its really nice.
But I know your hills frualfarmwife and can close my eyes and see the horses covered in snow. Hope you enjoy your sledding day! And we were thinking of coming up that way soon.lol!! NOT!

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It's snowing here now, we are expecting several inches when all is said and done. Ice for the Wednesday morning commute won't be very fun at all!

Today was spent at work for 8 hours and now I'm about to start dinner and then organize some papers later. Maybe get a little more tv and computer time before bed :).

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Wow - it DUMPS snow here then melts and then DUMPS again and melts :lol:

We had lake effect snow this morning and afternoon but then it stopped for a bit and the evening storm came in - the one from kj :p - and well its supposed to be here all night and into the am.

So far today I have done the dinner thing, washed dishes from dinner & lunch containers. Shovelled once and gone to the library after work. I think I'm going to get my butt off the comp and attack some decluttering project and probably fold the line dried clothes that I washed last night.

Then, QT with myself, book and tea - cant wait! :yippee:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Here in Oklahoma it was a nice brisk 44*.

Worked on a bunch of homework with my dd as she is still out of school sick. She hasn't had ANY temp. last night or today :fdance: so it looks like she will get to go back to school tomorrow :yippee:. Did a load of laundry, cleaned some and put 14 of dd's outgrown outfits on e-bay (let's hope everyone wants them and bids high :tay: ). My dh got home and now I am putting in my 3 hours of work at the office - though I don't really have much to do so I am mostly playing on the computer :pepsi:.

I hope everyone with all the snow can stay warm and toasty:bigsnow:.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts