Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the burners on our gas grill is acting up and won't light properly so Dh doesn't want to use it until he can take a good look & see what's up. So dinner will be cooked indoors.

Pork and rice casserole
cornbread muffins
Fresh green beans

So, whatcha got cooking?:hungry:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Supper tonight is Counrty Fried Steak, Stewed Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, Homemade Biscuits, and Triple Chocolate Mess for desert.

DH's Birthday was yesterday so I have to make up for it today! LOL

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to come to the party Ellise, that menu sounds delicious!
What are stewed potatoes? Boiled?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Stewed potatoes ar peeled, washed, then boiled for about 45 minutes to an hour so they almost look like mushed, add a lillte bit of milk, butter or margarine, salt & pepper.

Almost like having mashed or creamed potatoes but with bigger chunks like in potatoe soup! My guys LOVE them.

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
We are having jerk chicken and yellow rice. going to have snapped beans with it!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Brisket

Not sure what side dishes I'm going to make yet though.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I haven't a clue yet :confused: maybe we'll just come up to your house Darlene! :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm with Diana on this one. I don't have a clue yet either! :toothy:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I'm thinking the chicken and dumpling recipe that was posted on here last week or so :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Amy--I thought that was your recipe but didn't want to say and it belong to someone else :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
WELL SINCE I DON'T FEEL GOOD I THINK IT WILL BE FEND FOR YOURSELF NIGHT--- i probably won't eat anything because i don't feel well.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
We will have grilled chicken, green salad and a potato salad for dinner. I also baked a lemon cake with vanilla frosting. I am getting hungry now!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Tonight here will be goulash,a salad,and bread and butter. Our air conditioner isn't working right and it is HOT in this house:( I don't handle heat very well anymore!
We did the grilling out,HM potato salad,baked beans,etc. last night-I'm half tempted to do it again!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I don't know yet what I am doing for dinner, but I have steak thawing out. I have all sorts of veggies, rice, and so on. but I don't know yet what I am going to do. Everyone else sounds like you are going to have yummy dinners!!!! :hungry:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts