Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My peonies are still opening some blooms, but most are gone now. My clematis is blooming. Some hostas are starting to open some flowers. My spiderwort are all starting to bloom too.

How about your garden?

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
My peonies are beautiful right now, I have 4 bushes of them and they all flower at different times which is nice. Mini carnations are blooming as well as dianthisus (sp), delphiniums, clematis is opening up, evening primrose, lots of my wildflowers, and two I don't know the name of (have to look them up):)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
My roses (they are spectacular this year), my day lilies, the daisies are just starting to open up, the tiger lilies are opening up and I have a few others that are blooming, but I don't have a clue as to what they are!!! :D

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
My bulbs that I planted are still opening up. I have no idea what type I planted though...lol!!:D

·
27,948 Posts
Mom23boys said:
My bulbs that I planted are still opening up. I have no idea what type I planted though...lol!!:D
That sounds like an adventure!

Lets see, blooming now~ honeysuckle vine,
coreopsis,catmint,dianthus,coral bells,yarrow,speedwell,thrift.

On the verge~bee balm, daisy, butterfly weed,cornflower,delphinium, cardinal flower...

On it's way out ~columbine, weigelia

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My roses are going hog wild. A few of my hostas have buds on them, I have a plant that looks like grass and has purple flowers that are only open during the day. My lavender is starting to bloom.

My cosmos, impatiens, lobelia, begonias and petunias are also going crazy.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
My roses are gorgeous this year, and my daises are even better, they must be 3 feet tall!!!!.....hostas are huge too.....all the annuals I put in are hanging on...now my vege garden is a different story:( ...not good at all, we changed over to raised beds and put in all new soil, something is off , everything looks bad...

·
27,948 Posts
teddymaker said:
My roses are gorgeous this year, and my daises are even better, they must be 3 feet tall!!!!.....hostas are huge too.....all the annuals I put in are hanging on...now my vege garden is a different story:( ...not good at all, we changed over to raised beds and put in all new soil, something is off , everything looks bad...
Hope your veggie garden turns around, Teddymaker. It's so frustrating when you put so much work into something & it doesn't produce the results you want. Grow veggies,grow!:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the following blooming in my yard right now:
Stella D'Oro lilies
Cotton Jenny lilies
regular old day lilies
gaura (several varieties)
black-eyed Susans
Shasta Daisys
lantana
crape myrtles
tiger lilies
carpet roses
Veronica Speedwell
St. Johns Wort
purple coneflower
butter & eggs
a perennial hibiscus (each bloom is the size of a plate and there are dozens of blooms at a time)
geraniums
scavoleus (sp?)
million bells
Joesph's coat
lavender
impatiens

I LOVE this time of year!!!!!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Thanks Darlene....I watered everything with Miracle Grow last evening.......you should see these poor little plants, they are like bonsii trees:(

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Right now we have blooming:
daylilies
lilies
coreopsis
hostas
roses

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
My roses, and weeds are doing great!:toothy:

My marigolds are beginning to bud too. and maybe a few daisies too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts