Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think im gonna send dh and ds to ridemakerz which is kinda like build a bear but for rc cars and im thinking ill have the kids paint some fabric and then ill sew it into a lunch bag for him. whats everyone else doing?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
nuthin. dh wouldn't celebrate mother's day for me, I wont' do father's day for him.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Not sure yet. We will probably spend some time with his dad. I lost my dad last April, he commited suicide. I always sent him a card but I never got anything back to know if he even read it.

Cat

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
:hugz: Sassyclass!

My Dad and FIL are both gone now so it will just be a day to celebrate dh! He hasn't really said what he wants to do yet!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I suffered a miscarriage 3 days before my husband deployed this year, so I sent him a stuffed monkey (we called the baby our little monkey) with a card that said I hoped it reminded him of our monkey and all the little monkies to come.

For my dad I made a memory present. I went through and bought 36 items (it was going to be like 5 then it just snowballed and I couldn't quit LOL!) that have something to do with a memory I have of my life growing up with my dad. He made a statement a few months ago that he felt like a bad dad and thought we didn't have many memories with him because he was always working. So, I wanted to show him that my sister and I DO have memories of us growing up and he was and still is an AMAZING dad.

My husband doesn't really have a dad. I mean, technically he has a biological father, but he ruined any chance of being called dad by my husband or FIL by me when he picked my husband up as a 3 yr old and threw him across the room. Needless to say my MIL took my dh, and they left the state and never heard from him again. So, instead of doing something for his father, my hubby wrote a letter to my dad telling him that he is everything he ever imagined a father could be and then some. It made me cry. So I framed it and wrapped it to give to him tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts