Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a 50% off sale at our local fabric store this weekend. I've bought enough to finish quilts in progress, but that's it.

I have three quilts on the drawing board. One is an English medallion quilt. Another is my own pattern I call Calliope. It was an attempt to use up scraps. Then I also have a quilt-as-you-go quilt that is experimental from beginning to end.

Once those are done I think I'll take a break from quilting. I have so many other projects to do.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I need to finish Lauren's quilt (yes, I'm still not finished...:sigh: ). Then after that I think I'll be moving away from quilting and on to sewing summer clothing for the kids.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Michelle...sometimes the projects we envision take a little longer to complete than we anticipate. I usually know I've reached that point when I groan and moan and complain. DD#2 is great at pulling me up and getting me going again. But she's gone now, so I just have to figure out how to do it myself now.

Lately I've been reading a book "Getting Things Done" and trying to wrap my brain around everything I've started and want to start. It's challenging me in ways I never imagined. The author is a great list maker...which suits me fine. Except sometimes you can be so busy making lists you never actually get the work done! :lol: So I'll have to watch out for that. Right now though, the book is giving me the direction I need to finish things.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I wish I was as talented as both of you! I think I'm doing good because I'm working on knitting dish cloths, sewing t-shirt bags, and this is the one I'm excited about: sewing a pillow case purse, woohoo. :applause:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I'm working on a Yellow Brick Road quilt that I started a year and a half ago! LOL It's for me and I want to get it done. I love the colors, purple and gold with a touch of blue. I have so many projects outlined and ready to go, including the fabric all ready, etc. I'm trying to stay out of the fabric stores. The only fabric I'm buying is if I need something to finish a project. Once I'm done with this quilt, I want to start on some table runners I want to make for Christmas gifts. There's a never ending list of projects!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I was as talented as both of you! I think I'm doing good because I'm working on knitting dish cloths, sewing t-shirt bags, and this is the one I'm excited about: sewing a pillow case purse, woohoo. :applause:
Hey ravenmaniac, we all have to start somewhere! I started my sewing career at the tender age of five. That's a long time ago. You'll get there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts