Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!:heartsm: :rose:

Are you going out with your honey, or eating at home? DH and I will eat out this weekend since he has to work tonight. :weeping:

DH has requested chicken and dumplings again. I made a big pot last week and he and DD want more. I will make it early so he can eat before he leaves for work and he can take a bowl with him.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Well, we are going out this weekend as well. It is very hard to get in to a restaurant on Valentine's Day. Plus, I have to work AND......DH is have a colonoscopy tomorrow and today is his cleaning out day. UGH! But, I had planned something nice for dinner and will prepare it for me and my DDs. Will save some for DH when he can eat again.

~Cantonese Dinner
~White rice
~Salad
~Berry Valentine Pie

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I'm making homemade spinach & lasagna rollups w/ homemade 'almost fat free' alfredo sauce, caesar salad, crusty french bread, and homemade heart shaped cake for dessert :)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
BF is making us some Thai food for dinner: Pad see ew and tom kha soup. Mochi ice cream for dessert--I'll have to remember the Lactaid!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Happy Valentines Day!
We are having Porterhouse Steak, Baked potato with sour cream, salad, rolls and chocolate candy for dessert.OH YEAH!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Lasagna made with hot Italian sausage, garlic bread and salad. Made Rice Krispie treats yesterday, so dh will have to enjoy those for dessert, LOL.

·
27,948 Posts
Change in dinner plans here. Not sure when my sweetie will get home, he works as a mailman 45 min away & then has to plow and use the snowblower on the snow (1000ft driveway)so who knows what time dinner is. I'll have to use the newer snowblower for the first time today, that ought to be interesting...
So anyways we'll be having spaghetti & meatballs with some breadsticks & a salad, something I can just put together quickly. Sauce is from last years garden & is red and special, ya that's it, special. ;)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Now I'm not sure. We didn't know if we would have the funds to go out and have a fancy dinner, but the state income tax refund check came yesterday so now we can at least enjoy a modest dinner out.

Will know this afternoon when SO is done with his doctor's appt.
Otherwise, I had chicken fettuccine alfredo and that won't take too long to whip up.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Beef roast, augratin potatoes, cherry pie jello, broccoli, and valentine chocolates for dessert. :heartsm: :heartsm: :heartsm:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm making a heart-shaped homemade pizza for dh and the kids.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
We're eating at home, DH has to work tonight. We're having shrimp cocktail, steak, baked potato and salad.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Turkey and all the trimmings
Cheesecake, chocolate pie, pumpkin pie
Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli and cheese
only thing not having is scalloped corn because I'm running low on milk.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm making breakfast for dinner. sausage, hashbrowns, eggs & left over biscuits from last night & for dessert brownies :lip: :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I'm making beef stroganoff. Nice hot meal for a cold, snowy day.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
DH is making me dinner tonight. He said that we're having steak and "a surprise".

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Pork chops baked in the oven with a can of mushroom gravy(not soup), green beans, egg noodles and biscuits.

Laurie in BRadenton

·
Registered
558 Posts
Frying up some chicken, making some mashed potatoes and green beans. Cream cheese fudge for desert!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
We had a pasta-bake with heart shaped pasta, served on some dishes that we rarely use (called them the "good china" though it isn't). The girls ate it like it was going out of style. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts