Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure yet, thinking of something easy as there are just the three of us for supper. I have a turkey carcass and a bit of turkey meat. maybe I will make some homemade soup and rolls. If I remember correctly I should just cover the carcass with water and bring to a boil and then simmer for a couple of hours? I need to add a bit of onion and celery for flavor. I don't really want tomatoes in it just a regular clear broth. I'll add some poultry seasoning and basil to it along with a bit of salt and pepper. Does that sound about right? I will add the potato and carrots and turkey after I strain the broth of course :)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
meatloaf, smashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, rolls and salad.

have no idea about the broth

Reactions: bee9984

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Broth sounds right although I would add carrot to the broth making. Strain everything out when done and then add diced carrots, celeri, onion and whatever else to the soup.
We're having baked salmon fillets with pesto shells and some sort of veggies( either sauted onions/peppers/mushrooms or steamed cauliflower, will see what I feel like having later.
I also have a nice french bread which we'll have for dinner tonight and make french toast out of the leftovers tomorrow morning! :)

Reactions: bee9984

·
Registered
530 Posts
Bbqed pork steaks then a rice dish I concocted from leftover pico sauce from earlier in the week. Dh and Ds #3 loved it, so I'll make it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts