Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a very rainy day here & I think it'll be nice to make a big ole pot of soup to warm us through & through plus it smells so good! Tonights dinner will be Green Split Pea Soup with savory cornbread.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheesy Chili Tator Tots. Makes a double batch so we'll stick a batch in the freezer.
Your freezer must be getting nice & full Nichole. I've been paying attention,lol. :tay:

Reactions: Libby

·
19,119 Posts
Have no idea, thaht's why I checked in here to get ideas - and now I think I am good to go:

meatloaf
mac and cheese
string beans
sliced tomatoes
rice ( a necessity at every email for DH and our company)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Well, isn't that the question?

I think, if I have any pasta in the pantry, I'll make some baked mac and cheese.

If not, I'm just not sure. I do know, however, that I'm not going to be buying anything. Not gonna do it.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Hot dogs & mac & cheese & zuccini for dessert.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
DS has a football game tonight so he is eating dinner with the team.

DD and her BFF are spending the night here and are having left over sketti.

I'll probably make DH and I some sketti, too.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My OH half had french toast and stuffing wrapped in bacon (odd combination, I know) and then some flapjacks and custard.

I just had the flapjacks and custard...erm...very healthy :couch:

·
Registered
27 Posts
everyone in my house is sick, so we had a makeshift beef stew. Cut up a cheap piece of London broil, browned it a little, then threw it in the crockpot with some beef broth & potatoes. Added a baggie of mixed veggies towards the end and thickened up the sauce with some flour.

A semi healthy meal with stuff that was in my freezer & it was nice and warm, which is great cause it's super cold up here!! lol

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
everyone in my house is sick, so we had a makeshift beef stew. Cut up a cheap piece of London broil, browned it a little, then threw it in the crockpot with some beef broth & potatoes. Added a baggie of mixed veggies towards the end and thickened up the sauce with some flour.

A semi healthy meal with stuff that was in my freezer & it was nice and warm, which is great cause it's super cold up here!! lol
You have NO idea how much this has made me crave stew right now... :hungry:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.