Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up to a -9º temp (boo hiss) and know just what I want to have for dinner. I have one last package of beans (green & waxed together)from last summers garden in the fridge. Something special about having something from your garden on the coldest day of winter. :sun: Making meatloaf and baked potatoes to go with it.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Friday night is homemade pizza night here. I love it because the kids help, we have a great time. You know it's fun when it takes 30 minutues to make dinner and an hour to clean up the mess. :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm gonna put on a crockpot of lentils and rice and will be ready for lunch. Will either eat that again for dinner (I could eat the whole crockpot full anyway) or maybe go out to dinner since it's payday.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Something without meat for me, London broil and potatoes for the rest of them

·
Registered
674 Posts
Friday night is pizza night. I will make the dough today.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Date Night! Normally we go dancing but tonight our dance group is meeting up in Brandon at the Bocca di Beppo for dinner. The dancehall is hosting a Concert in the Budweiser series and we can't take the mob which is well over 1500 people a the last one. So our group will opt out. The resturant is Italian in theme and has group rooms, we'll be in the Pope room a room with a huge round table seats 16. The center of this table has a lazy susan on which we place all the family style platters. Everyone pays for their own drinks than splits the food tab. Food is always outstanding! We've done this several times and always enjoyed our selves. Usually takes us an 1 to 2 hours to eat.
Its a special treat.

Laurie in Bradenton 6am and 60 outside

·
Registered
547 Posts
Having a Mexican night with Girl Scouts about 30 of them and their families, I'm in charge of making the salsa and bringing chips, and going to make up the dough for the girls to bake, "Mexican wedding cakes" these look like cookies. The rest should be tacos, burritos and rice.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Dh will be out of town for the weekend so I am having:

* Black bean taco( sounds good Acidcookie-borrowed your idea!!)
*Brown Rice
*Apple Walnut Muffin
*Banana

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
~Crock Pot Meatballs
~Brown Rice
~Steamed Broccoli
~Salad
~Mandarin Oranges

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Homemade pizza and salad for us. Probably ice cream for dessert.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
My fiance came home earlier than normal from work and wants to use our last gift card from Christmas to eat an early dinner at Olive Garden tonight. He's been talking about us going for a while now, so I guess tonight we will eat out. Tomorrow will be the tuna noodle casserole I planned on making tonight.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Chop suey/noodles and corn on the cob for dh.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
fried chicken, rice & a veggie

blueberry muffins for dessert

·
Registered
848 Posts
Tri tip sandwiches(yummy) on this hearth bread I bought and the green beans left over from the other night.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts