Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Guess it's a crockpot day at the village! :)

I have a roast in the crockpot and am making baked potatoes to go with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I guess I'm right in step with the crockpot dinner thing. We are having Mom's One Pot Meal which is kielbasa, potatoes, and cabbage cooked together with homemade caraway-rye rolls.

·
27,948 Posts
Need some comfort food after all the snow we got. Nice old fashioned Tuna Casserole with broccoli on the side will hit the spot. :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Darlene, I LOVE tuna casserole! My family has revolted in the past, though, when I've made it. :(

·
27,948 Posts
Darlene, I LOVE tuna casserole! My family has revolted in the past, though, when I've made it. :(
This is the one I make. I cook the veggies & add some garlic and throw it all together except some of the cheese and top with the rest of the cheese & add buttered crumbs or crumbled chips. Cheesy good!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
DH is having fried chicken thighs, I am having a chicken breast--sauteed in EVOO, we are both having asparagus--- and I'm having a salad with kale, spinach, tomato, pumpkin seeds, and garbanzo beans.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread
Comfort food here as well!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Aztec beans? Care to post the recipe? Pretty please. :)

Reactions: HappyMama

·
Registered
1,946 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Aztec beans? Care to post the recipe? Pretty please. :)
Yes was thinking the same thing.:) Pretty please as well.
Girls, are you sure you are ready for this. It's pretty complicated, but I believe you all have great cooking skills. :p

A pound of black beans
16 oz. of your favorite salsa

Cook on low 8-10 hours. 8 is perfect. I throw the salsa in the last hour. I use Herdez salsa, my favorite.
Simple!!!!!! But good and healthy. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.