Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Making something a little more reasonable for dinner after last nights calorie fest, so we'll be having Slow-Cooker Bean & Barley Soup with some kind of homemeade bread. With his recipe, we cut way back on the salt, use regular mushrooms, do not use the olive oil and add the Parmesan cheese at the table. Hubby is going to make a new to us recipe for Caraway Cheese Muffins to go with the soup.
Edited to add, this is a really tasty filling soup but next time I will soak the beans overnight, they were a tad undercooked.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Oven-fried chicken and veg.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The kids will be having pizza with the sitter. I'll probably have a bowl of cereal or a bacon & egg english muffin

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hubbies going to work tonight so I'll probably just have a tuna sandwich with crackers

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Mexican platters, refried beans, Mexican rice, choice tacos or burritos with homemade salsa or pico de gallo. Yum!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Stuffed pork chops, green beans, and risotto.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Sauteed chicken breast and veggies (chopped up what was left of a veggie platter frim last night) seasonned with a little italian dressing and served over rice
Chocolatr cake (last night's) for dessert

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
We had Onion burgers & Mac & cheese & I had french fries.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.