Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're having leftovers from Jacks surprise b'day dinner. Roast beef, mashed potatoes, petite green beans & pumpkin pie. :munch:

·
Registered
579 Posts
We are having porkchops on the grill, rice and broccoli, and some leftover cornbread.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Darlene, how did the surprise party go? <giggle>

As for dinner, we're having soups and sandwiches again, it's DH's bowling night so me and DD eat light.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Peanut butter and jelly with fruit for the boys tonight since I'll be working through dinner and they'll have soccer practice. Makes me a little squirmey as it is not my idea of dinner, but they're excited about it.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
crock pot surprise . whatever i chuck into together shortly lol
probably pork chops cut up and potatoes, carrots, mixed veggies, and tomato soup with summer savoury.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I don't know. I'm at the end of the menu. We have lots of stuff, chicken, sausages, keilbasa, turkey, hamburger, etc. But nothing already decided will be a meal. It's days like today that remind me why I menu plan. It takes way to much effort to think of a meal and find all the ingredients and hope I have them all every stinking day. :thud:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Like Darlene I'm having leftover from DH birthday dinner. No surprise party thought. For us it'll be ham in some form. Either with scaollped potaotes or in a pasta dish. Haven't decided yet. Need to bake something today too.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Tomato and asparagus soup with a little bit of sausage (leftover from lunch yesterday- sundried tomato with basil sausage) with optional cheddar and parmesan cheese to top them off.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Darlene, how did the surprise party go? <GIGGLE>

As for dinner, we're having soups and sandwiches again, it's DH's bowling night so me and DD eat light.
It was really nice, thanks for asking.:smooch: He says he doesn't like to celebrate his birthday but he's a good faker if he doesn't. He was all smiley all weekend (real b'day was yesterday) and the inlaws came over & helped with a yard project that was made much easier with more hands. (Filling in sink holes from the flooding)
The celebrating is over but as he left for work this morning he said. "See ya later Toots" so I know I made him happy. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think it'll just be a chicken casserole today for me and dh. He always takes the leftovers into work with him at night. This meal will give him plenty!

·
Registered
814 Posts
DH is out of town until bedtime tomorrow......... so it'll probably be leftover pizza for us! and cantaloupe! :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
*Veggie Spagetti( Will add ground beef for DH)
*Salad
*Apple and Pecan Muffin, Fruit

·
Registered
426 Posts
We had spaghetti with homemade sauce, cheese bread and tonight for our class we are having peach cobbler with homemade whipped cream.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm making pizza. I'll probably make some cookies for dessert.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't know what everyone else is having.. but since I'm starting a diet today (for the billionth time) I'm only going to have a hamburger patty and some broccoli.

:chef2:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Marvelous Mini Meatloaf (BBQ one) with Cheesy potatoes and a salad.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Did ya have to mention the word diet? I HATE that 4 letter word! I have been trying to lose the same 25 pounds for over 3 years now.... guess Iam a wimp!
Are you doing low carb?
ANyHoo.... WE are having beans and rice tonight.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts