Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sausage casserole and lots of veg. We've been so busy the last few days that we haven't had vegies and we're craving them. There will be vegies in the gravy plus on the side

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Homemade chicken & noodle soup yum!

·
Registered
719 Posts
BBQ chicken, coleslaw, grilled pineapple rings (I got a pineapple for $1 yesterday! :D)

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Becci - I know that feeling....I've been missing out on my usual overload of veggies and totally want something seriously vegetable based :lol:

druth
- mmmm...grilled pineapple rings...do you put anything on them or just slice and slap on the grille?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have my company X-mas party tonight. I think the menu is traditional holiday fare. Dh will probably have frozen pizza... Poor thing! :)

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I do believe we're ordering in pizza from my fave place up in DF's neck of the woods. :cheergrl:

We're having his family over to do the whole Christmas thing tonight so we've added a bag of salad, some potato chips and oatmeal cookies to help round out the carby meal. Plus I snuck a box of clementines into the house too :shhh:

·
27,948 Posts
We'll be rotissering a chicky on the grill and have au gratin potatoes and brussel sprouts :mdance: on the side.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Becci - I know that feeling....I've been missing out on my usual overload of veggies and totally want something seriously vegetable based :lol:

druth
- mmmm...grilled pineapple rings...do you put anything on them or just slice and slap on the grille?
I just slap them on the grill :) I actually found a recipe online that I want to try sometime soon. You take vanilla ice cream, cinnamon and sugar (brown maybe? I'm not sure) and mix it together really well and then put it back in the freezer. Then you grill a pineapple ring for each person, and again...I don't remember if you put something on them or not. You serve the grilled pineapple rings warm, topped with the cinnamon/sugar vanilla ice cream. I'd do that tonight...if I had ice cream, or actually brown sugar even...I used the rest of it today in banana bread LOL. It was worth it for how happy it made my favorite maintenance guy (who just was re-diagnosed with cancer after 15 years without relapse :() to have warm banana bread when he came in on his day off....

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
druth - I've seen recipes that use olive oil along with salt & pepper to honey and simple syrup mix to plain butter slapped on top before grilling - for the pineapple rings. I've had the luxury of trying it once and it was awesome!! That ice cream sounds VERY DELISH to go along with it!! :)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sausage casserole and lots of veg. We've been so busy the last few days that we haven't had vegies and we're craving them. There will be vegies in the gravy plus on the side
Well it was yummo! I grilled some sausages, then put them aside. Then in the same pan I added some onion, grated carrot, grated zucchini and some celery chopped fine. Cooked that a few mins. Sliced up the sausages and added back in. Sprinkled over some Continental Devilled Sausages mix, some tomato sauce, some extra gravy powder and then enough water to mix it all up. Simmered it for a couple of hours and served with mash, carrots and broccoli.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
yummy braised short ribs...braise them in red wine, broth, onions, lots and lots of garlic, and fresh tomatoes..makes a fab sauce. all of it gets served over penne.

an italian type brocolli/tomatoe/garlic mixture that is just yummy!

needed comfort food as it is nice out now but BIG BIG storm coming or way tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Delmonico steaks, twice baked potatoes, Italian chopped salad, broccoli, pan seared glazed mushrooms , and a "Raw "Chocolate torte for dessert.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.