Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Ds & his girlfriend will be here for dinner tonight & we'll be having Ham, Sweet Potatoes and probably Broccoli. I wanted asparagus but seeing the price at $3.99/lb had me nixing that idea and going with something more affordable.

Something tells me the lady who bought $300 pair of shoes wouldn't be hemming & hawing over the price of asparagus, lol, but I will. ;)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Roast beef in the crockpot, green beans and biscuits.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Date night for us. Going to see Tron in the afternoon and dinner at our fave Thai restaurant afterwards. Sooo looking forward to it!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Tonight we are having skinny nachos w/ baked tostito scoops, ground turkey, guiltless gourmet bean dip, muenster cheese, pico de gallo and light sour cream. Can't WAIT!!!

Andrea

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ds & his girlfriend will be here for dinner tonight & we'll be having Ham, Sweet Potatoes and probably Broccoli. I wanted asparagus but seeing the price at $3.99/lb had me nixing that idea and going with something more affordable.

Something tells me the lady who bought $300 pair of shoes wouldn't be hemming & hawing over the price of asparagus, lol, but I will. ;)
Yeah, the asparagus can sit there and rot at that price! LOL

We're having Italian parsley & cheese sausages on the grill, on hoagie-style buns. I'll cut up some tomatoes and onions to have with them and make HM oven fries (Well, BF will anyway...since he's the "master" :D)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Um...so I forgot to put in the roast. So, I'm using some piano money I made this morning and getting Pizza Hut delivery with cheesy breadsticks for the kids. They LOVE it and we haven't done this in over six months. I ordered online and they have no idea it's coming.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
We had pork roast with mashed potatoes, corn and salad. :)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Since our house guests were gone for the night I made Bul gogi, stir fry veggies and rice. I think my niece, nephew, & SIL would have fainted on the spot at the sight of that many veggies in one meal....

·
Registered
719 Posts
Since our house guests were gone for the night I made Bul gogi, stir fry veggies and rice. I think my niece, nephew, & SIL would have fainted on the spot at the sight of that many veggies in one meal....

What's it matter, it's not like they'd be helping with the clean-up if they were conscious anyway :D Plus, the house would be a little quieter for awhile......Muahahaha

Reactions: YankeeMom
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.