Frugal Village Forums banner

What's for Dinner Saturday 1/29?

895 views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  happymomof4 
#1 ·
I've got a full table tonight! Ds will be in town with his gf and dd will join us for dinner. :yippee: Rare that I get both my kids here at the same time so I'm thrilled.;)
Glad I didn't end up making the shrimp the other night because it'll be perfect for tonight. Dinner will be Lemon Pasta with Shrimp and steamed broccoli on the side. Dd is bringing dessert.

#3 ·
I concentrated so much on dinner last night and it was awesome that I forgot to take meat out for dinner tonight. There were only enough leftovers last night for one person and I already know which guy is going to claim those today for lunch.

Do you think that I would disappoint them tonight with mac-n-cheese? Maybe, I should make a tuna casserole. Hmmm! Dear cat has had me awake since way early. Maybe, after more caffeine and perhaps a little afternoon nap I will know what to do.

#4 ·
I am defrosting a chuck roast and we will have cauliflower with it.

DH and I are low carbing it. For blood sugar's sake mostly.

#7 ·
I'm trying a new recipe tonight. It's a casserole with refried beans, chilis, and rice, topped with a Mexican cornbread batter - sort of a Tex-mex pot pie. I'll serve corn with it and use salsa and plan yogurt as condiments.

I'm excited - I love trying new things!

#8 ·
It'll be a kinda special dinner for a kinda special anniversary - DH and I met 57 years ago today. Shrimp cocktail, salad, lamb chops with DH's favorite mint jelly, baked potatoes w/sour cream, peas, and ice cream for dessert. I'm gettin' hungry already!

#9 ·
Daisygirl, would you please share that recipe? I'd like to try it. Thank You.

#13 ·
Very hot here for the next few days. We went to the beach again last nigth then down to a great BBQ at a nice playground by another beach (just down the road) and had a sausage sizzle.
Think we are doing the same again tonight, hovering around the century mark most days

#14 ·
Cheeseburger Meatloaf (New Recipe (every recipe is a new recipe for me what am I talking about)) and a salad

#16 ·
Homemade Greek pizza, margarita pizza, salad and buffalo wings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.