Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas!
For dinner tonight we'll be having grilled steak, baked potatoes and roasted asparagus. :grinch:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
We're going to my father-in-law's house and he's making lasagna. Everyone is bringing something, so there will be plenty to eat. We're in charge of dessert and are ALL set! :)

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
We're having our traditional type feast: turkey, dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed taters, mashed sweet taters, oven roasted brussels sprouts/carrots/onions, blanched broc, salad, rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie, fresh fruit w/whipped cream & cream puffs.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Funny thing about Christmas supper this year. Everyone decided what they wanted and then brought it to me to fix. I think they like my cooking. LOL! The short list is;

copycat HoneyBaked ham- 2 massive hams
a giant roasting pan filled with homemade Augratin potatoes
greenbeen casserole
tossed salad with cherry tomatoes and shaved onions. homemade croutons
homemade blue cheese dressing
homemade sweet and sour dressing
several homemade breads-yeast and quick
a roasted turkey
stuffing
potato filling
mashed potatoes
cranberry sauce
ambrosia salad
Happy Birthday Jesus cake
ring balogna
several types of cheeses
several types of crackers
nuts
punch with shebert

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Tonight, Cheryl's diner will be serving pecan chicken breasts, a whole ham, scalloped potatoes, home-baked rolls, veggies and dip, dips and crackers, cookies, Buckeyes, and pb M&M nests. Oh, also those little pig weinies wrapped in crescent dough, and candy and nuts will be strewn through the house.

TA--freakin--DA! :grinch: :bolt:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Oh, and pop (soda), beer, and homemade Bailey's Irish Creme. :dishes:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone! We are having Roasted Turkey, Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, fruit salad, salad with homemade dressing and croûtons, roasted sweet potatoes, asparagus, Sicilian cake, cookies and fudge

·
Registered
379 Posts
Merry christmas! We're going to my SIL's today, and she's having roast beef, we're bringing roasted potatoes with rosemary. She's also making something called german lazagnia., I can't wait to try it~!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
We will be having dinner at Timberline lodge...yummy! I usually get the turkey with all the fixin's but they always have other good things on their menu too, so it remains to be seen :)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Merry Christmas, its just me n' DH and I'm making shrimp scampi with white/wild rice, green salad, and garlic toast. Dessert will be candy/cookies we received as gifts. :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone!! I'll be serving prime rib, twice baked potatoes, asparagus, 7 layer salad, mac and cheese, rolls, german chocolate cake and pumpkin pie. I've also got a cheese roll if anyone needs to snack before dinner.

·
Registered
719 Posts
We had our cheese plate for "brunch"...Manchego, gouda, sharp cheddar, apples, jalapeno stuffed olives, crab dip and crackers and for an early dinner we'll be grilling filet mignon and making twice "baked" potatoes, and a green salad to go along with it. I was going to make truffles for dessert, but with all of the chocolate we ended up with this year (as gifts) I don't think it'll be necessary LOL. Oh, and we're having rum punch also :D

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
We had our cheese plate for "brunch"...Manchego, gouda, sharp cheddar, apples, jalapeno stuffed olives, crab dip and crackers and for an early dinner we'll be grilling filet mignon and making twice "baked" potatoes, and a green salad to go along with it. I was going to make truffles for dessert, but with all of the chocolate we ended up with this year (as gifts) I don't think it'll be necessary LOL. Oh, and we're having rum punch also :D
Your feast sounds absolutely delicious. Enjoy!

Reactions: druthb00

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
DH is making a stir fry with the leftover pork and veggies from yesterday's fondue. He's also making rice for him and the kids which I want any of. I'm trying to keep my calorie intake low...started the 2011 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week challenge today!:lol:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
baked potato followed by rice with gravy

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We are had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, cranberry sauce and rolls. YUM! YUM!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.