Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making spaghetti squash tonight... I love it and can't wait!

Old Man had it once and swore it off (I didn't make it)... so, I am hoping he likes mine as much as I do so we can have it more often.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Tonight is non-frugal. It's my Dad's birthday, tomorrow, so tonight we are taking him out to dinner, his choice. Back to cooking tomorrow. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Hubby & I tried Spaghetti Squash once too & haven't since. How do you cook yours? Enjoy yourself LadyV!
Happy B'day to your Dad Amy!

Tonight we'll be having Garlic Roasted Chicken leg quarters and I'll serve it with Fruited Cashew Rice subbing peanuts ($1/lb) for the $$ cashews and some steamed green beans.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hubby & I tried Spaghetti Squash once too & haven't since. How do you cook yours?
I basically follow the same method in the video. After it's cooked and forked out, I add my 'extras'

My USUAL
1T EVOO
2.5T herbs (basil, chives, parsley, sage)
black pepper

-or when I want things a bit spicier (like tonight) -
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cilantro

Reactions: Libby and Darlene

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
not sure ...have yet to decide.

we too love spaghetti squash! i roast it w/ OO and S & P. then sautee up some red onion and lots of garlic and crshd red pepper. at the last minute, i add some 1/2'ed cherry tomatoes and sprinkle the spag sqsh w/ grated romano and yum

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Today is the Booster Club party for the hockey team. There will be Barbeque Brisket, Chicken, Pork, Baked Beans and Potato Salad. Kind of disappointed there's no vegetable on the menu. Doesn't go well with my diet.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
It must be soup night. We are having homemade chicken soup as well. I am also doing some batch cooking so they might have a little of those things as well....lol

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have a large crockpot going with chicken soup. So chicken soup tonight. And for the next couple of nights. Also have a cold.

Hope you feel better. I hope you all enjoy your Sunday and wonderful dinners with your families.

·
27,948 Posts
I basically follow the same method in the video. After it's cooked and forked out, I add my 'extras'

My USUAL
1T EVOO
2.5T herbs (basil, chives, parsley, sage)
black pepper

-or when I want things a bit spicier (like tonight) -
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cilantro

YouTube - Colette's Spaghetti Squash
OMG I wasn't prepared for those muscles! :thud:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well, not quite soup here tonight...but close!

HM chicken pot pie (one of BF's most favorite things in the world lol)

I probably won't make anything to go with it, as it already has a bread, veggie, and meat. BF will most likely eat a slice of bread with butter with his, though. I do have to brag a bit, though. He used to eat those frozen pot pies and I couldn't bear the thought of buying them. So I made a HM one for the first time a few years ago....and now he won't touch the frozen ones :D We eat eat it for two nights. I get two slices total and he devours the rest lol.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
No cooking for me today. My brother is making us his special lasagna and cheesy garlic bread :) All I need to make is the brownies for dd's birthday.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Veggie fried rice with lo pork filet added
Possibly fruit salad for dessert

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I'm making a trip tip, corn on the cob, and some baked potatoes. Great comfort food for this yucky weather we are having.

Mmmm I loved tri tip, are you from the West Coast? They always called it that when I lived there, here most people don't know the cut...lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.