Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today is going to be 30C, a little cooler than yesterday but still hot. So we might head to the beach later. Either way we are having a BBQ. The roast chook can wait til tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Need some COMFORT FOOD......so got some homemade chicken noodle soup out of the freezer.........think I might even make some bread.....in the bread machine, of course!!

What I REALLY need is Becci's SUMMER TIME WEATHER!!!

·
27,948 Posts
I've got some boneless boobs thawing and need to use up a couple sweet potatoes. Hmm...Oven fried chicken with baked sweet potatoes and spinach?

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Registered
7,747 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Something with ground beef but not sure what I should make yet. Not looking forward to making another meatsauce for spaghetti/pasta though...and dads not keen on taco's/mexican food....I need to keep searching. I'm leaning towards a sheppards pie?

Suggestions welcomed :)

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Decided to use up the ground beef and make chili :) Its simmering away in the crockpot and the house smells wonderful. Even my bro who came by to visit commented on how good it smelled. Will prob make easy mayo cheese biscuits from a recipe posted by Paws elsewhere on the village.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Italian Tile Makers Stew, sweet potato biscuits with cayenne,not sure of the dessert might try the granola bars by Elphie:)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
cold and snowy so i opted to make comforting tuna noodle casserole w/ tuna, peas, reducded sodium crm of shrm soup, some crshed up durkee french onions in it and some coldy jack cheese and a mixture of 1/2 reg noodles and 1/2 whole wheat pasta and baked it. yum.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Going to me parents for roasted chicken and the works. Love Sunday night dinner with family!

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Pork chops, mashed potatoes and diced tomatoes. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Zowie Libby, you trying to make us all jealous?! No really thanks a bunch for sharing pics! The biscuits, they have veggies in them? Everything looks wonderful, I never have to worry about you all over there.;)

Oh hubby was in charge of dinner and did something awesome with the sweet potatoes. I'm not a huge sweet fan & like savory better but these are the first sweet potatoes that had me saying wow, I want these again & again. I'll share the recipe tomorrow.;)

Reactions: Libby

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Grilled hamburgers and veggie burger for me w/pepper jack cheese, sweet potato fries, and mac and cheese. Dh had to have this apple pie from the store today so that will be dessert. I don't make pie. :shrug2:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
We had mac & cheese & beef hot dogs w/relish onions,ketchup,mustard.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.