Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been cleaning out the panty and fridge and I'm down to very, very limited meal options. In fact, when I leave the Village in a few minutes I'm off to search some recipe sites for something I can make with what I have left. I'm thinking it will be a some type of soup- I can always throw something together in my big soup pot! :) Tommorow, I'm off to the grocery store!

What are the rest of you having?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
my mom made ribs, potato salad,baked beans and corn on the cob..i have been sick the past 2 days so i havent been cooking

·
27,948 Posts
We had grilled marinated chicken and a huge pasta salad.

It could be fun to post whats for dinner early in the day and when people have a bunch of this & that they need to use they can ask for ideas. Now i'm gonna wonder what we could have done with the stuff you wanted to use up Amy.:) Will I be able to sleep tonight?:D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We had a huge shindig at inlaws house over the weekend. All of DH family was in for his uncle's funeral and even though it was for such a sad occasion, we all had a wonderful time visiting and the children and Dads all shot off LOTS and LOTS of fireworks. We cooked lots of food and MIL sent home quite a lot of it with DH and I. I have brisket, ribs, potato salad, pinto beans, lots of other side dishes. We will be having them all during this week. I will have plenty to take for lunches too. Brisket sandwiches and tator salad, yummmmmmmy.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Not very frugal but we had Hardees and homemade carrot cake for dessert yummy

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We had one of those Viola packaged meals (mom sent it home with us) with the chicken, vegis and noodles. Our garden went nuts while we were gone so we also had green salads and fresh strawberries.:D

·
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darlene:
So as not to disturb your sleep.... :laugh: What could you do with canned veggies, shredded cheese, milk, various bottles of sauces and marinades, oatmeal, and/or canned turkey? :D Of course there are some other staples, like Bisquick, flour, etc. in the pantry, too. And in the freezer there is some smoked sausage (I wasn't in the mood for it) and some frozen blueberries.

I just wasn't feeling very creative- I'm sure there were plenty of options there. I ended up making a big pot of jalapeno cheddar cheese soup, which was not very good, but, filling. :) (It was a new recipe, but I won't be making it again!)

·
27,948 Posts
It's just fun to help out Amy.:heartsm: Thanks for worrying about my sleep. :hugz: You're a sweetie!

·
27,948 Posts
AmyMCGS said:
Darlene:
So as not to disturb your sleep.... :laugh: What could you do with canned veggies, shredded cheese, milk, various bottles of sauces and marinades, oatmeal, and/or canned turkey? :D Of course there are some other staples, like Bisquick, flour, etc. in the pantry, too. And in the freezer there is some smoked sausage (I wasn't in the mood for it) and some frozen blueberries.

I just wasn't feeling very creative- I'm sure there were plenty of options there. I ended up making a big pot of jalapeno cheddar cheese soup, which was not very good, but, filling. :) (It was a new recipe, but I won't be making it again!)
Well you could have done a pot pie with the bisquick, veggies cheese & turkey.
Impossible Turkey pie using bisquick
Have eggs? A nice fritatta (omelet of sorts) with the smoked sausage, cheese, veggies and some nice biscuits to go with it.
Pizza
Breakfast for dinner- blueberry pancakes
Desserts blueberry cobbler
Turkey & dumpling soup
Bisquick is a great staple. I've many recipes from them.
That was fun.:)

·
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Darlene said:
Well you could have done a pot pie with the bisquick, veggies cheese & turkey.
Impossible Turkey pie using bisquick
Have eggs? A nice fritatta (omelet of sorts) with the smoked sausage, cheese, veggies and some nice biscuits to go with it.
Pizza
Breakfast for dinner- blueberry pancakes
Desserts blueberry cobbler
Turkey & dumpling soup
Bisquick is a great staple. I've many recipes from them.
That was fun.:)
Wow, great ideas. If I'd have been thinking I'd have done the turkey dumpling soup instead of the one I tried- that sounds much better. I'm calling you the next time I'm stuck for a dinner idea! :laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts