Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be grilling whole chicken breasts and serve them with Big Daddy's Megga Egga Macaroni salad and some corn.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Homemade meatloaf & Mac & cheese w/pumpkin & nutella swirl bread for dessert

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
meatloaf with mashed potatoes and salad

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I just tossed some chicken breast, broccoli, cream of chicken soup & spices in the crockpot. We'll have that over rice.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Country fried steak with gravy, mashed potatoes, purplehull peas, sliced tomatoes and biscuits. We've been eating a lot of sandwiches and such, ready for a good ole comfort food meal.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Country fried steak with gravy, mashed potatoes, purplehull peas, sliced tomatoes and biscuits. We've been eating a lot of sandwiches and such, ready for a good ole comfort food meal.
What time should I be there with the sweet tea? LOL

We are having grab night. What ever you grab is yours.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Philly Cheese steaks with homemade sub rolls and the works, homemade sweet potato chips, veggie tray and healthy chocolate truffles for dessert.:)

·
19,119 Posts
HappyMama - what's a healthy chocolate truffle?

Baked chicken for us tonight with broccoli-cauliflower with cheese sauce, rice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just got a 1/2 beef today. DH wants hamburgers.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
HappyMama - what's a healthy chocolate truffle?

Baked chicken for us tonight with broccoli-cauliflower with cheese sauce, rice.
They are made with dates, and nuts etc. I love, love love them. I make them for gifts. I will put the recipe in the recipe section if you think anyone would want.

Heavenly Chocolate Truffles

Ingredients:

1⁄2 cup almonds

1/4 cup walnuts

1⁄8 cup cashews

1.5 cup pitted dates, packed

3 tbsp cocoa powder

1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract

1⁄8 tsp sea salt

1⁄8 tsp almond extract

Directions: In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts and cashews until fine but not flour. Add in the roughly
chopped and pitted dates and process until crumbly. Now add in the cocoa powder,
the vanilla & almond extract, and sea salt. Process until crumbly. Do not process long enough for

the mixture to get too sticky (like nut butter). You want to work the mixture a bit in your hands

to warm it up so you can form a ball with it. If you process it for too long, it will become oily.

Form balls .

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Beef and barley soup with the last of the beef and veggie stew I made saturday.
Made a huge pot of soup so will be eating for lunch for the rest of the week.
hot chocolate with extra marshmallows for dessert!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
*Veggie Soup
*Wheat Rolls
*Baked Apples with Pecan and Cinnamon

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
They are made with dates, and nuts etc. I love, love love them. I make them for gifts. I will put the recipe in the recipe section if you think anyone would want.

Heavenly Chocolate Truffles

Ingredients:

1⁄2 cup almonds

1/4 cup walnuts

1⁄8 cup cashews

1.5 cup pitted dates, packed

3 tbsp cocoa powder

1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract

1⁄8 tsp sea salt

1⁄8 tsp almond extract

Directions: In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts and cashews until fine but not flour. Add in the roughly
chopped and pitted dates and process until crumbly. Now add in the cocoa powder,
the vanilla & almond extract, and sea salt. Process until crumbly. Do not process long enough for

the mixture to get too sticky (like nut butter). You want to work the mixture a bit in your hands

to warm it up so you can form a ball with it. If you process it for too long, it will become oily.

Form balls .
I am so happy you shared this! There was a similar recipe on the show You are What You Eat, but I could not find it. I am going to give it a try!

Reactions: HappyMama
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.