Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Guys could you please keep Queensland in your thought yet again. This time the north is about to get ravaged by a massive cat 5 cyclone (hurricane). It's on par with Katrina, the largest Australia has seen since 1918? I think they said. Expected to reach wind gusts 20km/hr short of Katrina and is about 800km across. Pretty much the size of Queensland itself.
They are saying that they expect it to pass completely through Queensland before dissapaiting! Will still be a cat 3 400kms inland!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Becci - I'll definately be thinking of you all over there and sending lots of positive thoughts and :vibes:.

As for dinner.....
tortellini with marinara sauce
spinach
and garlic bread

Reactions: Becci

·
27,948 Posts
Big hug & all my best to you and to all those in the path of this monster. Watched on news as they were evacuating people.

We'll be having Delicious Ham & Potato Soup. After making it the first time I tweaked it:
I add more celery, onion & ham. I also add broccoli, garlic and cheese. So good and versatile as you can change out the meat to sausage, ground beef, chicken...diff veggies.
We'll be serving it with an old recipe I haven't made in ages, Irish Oatmeal Bread.
Tummy warming goodness! :smted:
<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys! Good morning!
My brothers in the Navy and is based in Cairns but is out to see at the moment. We are hoping and assume that they are far enough north to not be affected badly.
I have another friend who is just south of Innisfail. I am hoping with all my might that her and her family are safe. Am going to msg her in the morning

·
Registered
120 Posts
Leftovers (my fridge is busting at the seems again)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Homemade Chili & cornbread yumm!!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Becci, hope all is well!

We're supposed to have a potluck tonight at my school for the teachers staying for conferences and my fam was supposed to go to church for a soup dinner and a program. School was canceled and I am afraid that the program at church will be as well. Sooooo, it looks like I need to go take somethign out of the freezer.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I'm making a beef-fajita-type casserole of my own creation. Plus sour cream and salsa on the side, of course.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Roasted pork loin chops, potato zucchini onion strata, rolls and brussel sprouts.

Becci, I hope everyone gets to safe ground, keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thankyou everyone! I've just heard that it is now downgraded to a cat 2 and is about 400km inland. It's dissapaiting a lot faster than they first expected!
No reported deaths or injuries this morning, no major structural damage. And a baby girl was born at about 6.30 this morning!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Thanks for the update Becci, still keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

Roast Chicken, roasted root veggies, brown rice, green beans. Homemade pumpkin pie.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.