Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Randalls staying ovar at Grandmas tonight (school hols here and he's helping her to clean out her gutters) but Bryce is coming for dinner intsead!
Steak, potato bake, pumpkin, carrots and broccoli. Will make something for dessert to fill the boy up.

·
27,948 Posts
Hubby made a lasagna a few weeks ago & froze 2 dinners worth so were having one pkg tonight with some Italian feather bread he also froze. Nice fresh tossed salad to go with it all. :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I took out a frozen turkey, bought last year @ the holidays, on Sunday~ today it's getting baked! & mashed pot, salad, & a roll. Plus b'day cake & ice cream~~ Gr'dau turned 16 & she's coming for supper....

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Nobody to cook for tonight which is a good thing. I'll probably have soup and squash because of how I feel. Probably just drink the soup. lol

·
27,948 Posts
Bean & bacon chowder w/ homemade rolls. I'm also making banana bread :)
Do have a recipe for the chowder you can share? It sounds so good! I mean it has bacon, what's not to love? Thanks!

Reactions: YankeeMom

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
That chowder does sound good!

We're having Caribbean Jerk Pork chops, and some kinda veg.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
We never made the enchilada we were suppose to last week. it's either that with refried beans or Sloppy Joes with fruit and fries.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Leftovers here
There is enough for 1 serving each of
stuffed green peppers
philly steak and cheese
fajita's
Have some fresh fruit that I hope gets eaten also.
Cupcakes for dessert

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Dh put on his chef hat and whipped up grilled cheese and chocken noodle soup

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
dd and i went out to eat

last night, though, i did make a yummo dinner

sauteed an onion in a bit of butter and seasoned it w/ cayenne pepper, added some garlic, drained sauerkraut (bag) and added 1/2 the juice to the onion and garlic then added kraut and let it simmer. i then added 2 potatoes which i quartered, then poured into a 9 x 13 pan, added pork chops on top and some frsh tomatoes and baked it at 250 for about 2-1/2 hrs and then down to 225 for another hour and then...yum! was delish! guess i should have posted in the recipe section - huh? sorry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.