Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're having pork roast cooked on the rotisserie, portabello whole grain rice(success brand) and a tossed salad. :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
We had casserole made with leftovers from last night. Bottom layer hamburger gravy, middle-corn, top-mashed potatoes (Kind of like a shepard's pie)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
hamburger stew( lean hamburge cooked with worschire sauce), onions, potatoes, corn, and 1 can veg soup, 1 can of tomato soup).

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Scalloped potatoes w/ ham.
Broccoli on the side.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Greek baked chicken, lemon-pepper potato wedges and brussel sprouts. If I have time I will make the brownies I was going to make last night - lol.

·
Registered
419 Posts
tonight we are having a chicken cassarole. It is so easy to make.
3 cups diced cooked chicken
2 cups raw white rice
2 cups chopped frozen broccoli
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cans low fat low sodium cream of mushroom soup
2 cups chicken stock.
celery seed to taste
black pepper to taste
a dash of salt if needed (I didnt use any extra salt)

combine mushroom soup and chicken stock to make 5 cups
place uncooked rice on the bottom bottom of a large cassarole pan
add 1 cup of stock and mix together.
layer chicken, onions, and broccoli on top of rice.
add pepper and celery seed on top
pour remaining 4 cups of soup on top, gently mix to combine not disturbing layers much.
tightly cover with aluminum foil.
bake at 350 for 1 hour, test to see if rice is tender. or cook until rice is tender.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Wow, all your meals sound yummy! I am having something quick: hotdog, baked beans and green peas and some cookies for dessert.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Wow, all your meals sound yummy! I am having something quick: hotdog, baked beans and green peas and some cookies for dessert.
those wouldn't happen to be jordans or beans hot dogs would they?? the best ever! miss those tons can't get em out here. If there's one thing that picks up my spirits, brightens my day, it's those.

we're having mini meatloaves.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Funny, Missy! Jordans hot dogs, bought on sale. Hey, do you remember red hot dogs? I think those are a Maine thing??? Once in a while I will get those at a vendor, steamed, mmmm.

You actually made my boring hot dog dinner seem more delicious now.

·
Registered
674 Posts
We had asian beef salad with garlic bread.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Funny, Missy! Jordans hot dogs, bought on sale. Hey, do you remember red hot dogs? I think those are a Maine thing??? Once in a while I will get those at a vendor, steamed, mmmm.

You actually made my boring hot dog dinner seem more delicious now.
oh wow, i do! those were the best. The frankfurter rolls that the jordan's/bean's/rice's hotdogs often go into aren't available here either. the ones that can be toasted on the sides. nothin that yum out here. there isn't much better than a steamed red hot dog on a frankfurter roll pan toasted with butter.

sigh. maybe i can get some shipped to me, i'll have to go check out the companies to see if they direct ship!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Just me tonight and I'm beat so a bowl of Shredded Wheat with a handful of walnuts and raisins on top. Maybe fruit if I'm still hungry.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
meatloaf, mashed potaotes, and carrots

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
We're having stir fry and brown rice. Made some brownies for dessert.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
if it has to be opened, heated, put together, baked, fried, or even stirred its not here tonight. My dh brought home a nasty head cold or something and he very generously gave it to me. SO.......IM NOT MAKING ANYTHING...not now or anyday til i'm over this mess. We haven't been sick I suppose in 20 years and I'm roaring mad.:yucky: :fight:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
oh freyadog, hope you get feeling better soon

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
We had a veggie night. We cooked some new red potatoes with bell peppers, yellow squash and zucchini with onions, field peas and split-top rolls.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts