Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I'll make some smothered cube steak in the crockpot and maybe a peach dessert if I can find that recipe again.

I'm still so impressed with the yogurt I made in the crockpot. That will be happening again soon!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Since spring is sprung, my whole family loves those basic sweet bbq beans. I've got beans coming out of my ears so I might drag out both cp's and do a big batch and freeze the rest.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Had some steaks from Angel Food that were quite tough so I cut them up for a good old fashioned beef stew with carrots and potatoes...yummo!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Pulled pork :lip:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Since spring is sprung, my whole family loves those basic sweet bbq beans. I've got beans coming out of my ears so I might drag out both cp's and do a big batch and freeze the rest.
Would you mind sharing your recipe?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm going to try venison "pot roast" for the first time. I have so much venison that I don't know how to prepare. I'm going to put in onions, carrots, beef stew flavor packet and probably some potatoes.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not keen on fresh game.....but I'm sure your family will love it!

I'm definately making more yogurt and always cook Sunday dinner in the crock.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
pork chop soup. all cut up and remove the little bit of extra fat and bones after.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Would you mind sharing your recipe?
I don't really follow a specific recipe but more like a combo of the several ones I have. I use pinto beans, onions, dry mustard or regular mustard, brown sugar, and molasses. I don't even measure. Just add to my taste. Also if you like that bacon flavor you could use baco's and they are vegan. :)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's so hot....defrosted meatloaf and mac and cheese from freezer, now to slide them into crock pots. Baking bread now and that has heated up the kitchen. Love the crock pot!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I did BBQ prok bones in my crock pot on Friday. I think later on this week I may do a big pot of splitpeas. My kids will be so NOT excited about that but I love them and I only make them suffer through them a few times a year. I takemostof heleftovers for lunches.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
today was chk breast, onions, carrots and potatoes. with onion soup mix in it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Made what I call vegatable surprise-buy what ever is a deal and looks good, cut it up, add some home made veg stock and cook! It is a way for me to get more vegs in my diet and to control the amount of salt I consume. Looking forward to my trip to the farmer's market tomorrow-first this year.:rain:This is getting very tiresome!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
This week I'll make some smothered cube steak in the crockpot and maybe a peach dessert if I can find that recipe again.

I'm still so impressed with the yogurt I made in the crockpot. That will be happening again soon!

I use alot of cube steak. What do you put with it in the CP? TIA

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
today, white chicken chili

·
Registered
656 Posts
The venison pot roast looks good. Wish we had a hunter in the family.
Thursday (Belly dancing class day) I'll have a plain ol' beef pot roast with potatoes, onions from the garden, and carrots. It'll be ready when I get home.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I am making wheatberries in the crockpot. Someone (think it was on this board) uses them as a side dish (like potatoes or pasta). A RL friend told me to put it in the crockpot so that it won't suck up so much electricity and won't need watched.

And, if we like it, then I can put the crockpot out on the porch or in the garage and cook the wheatberries out there.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts