Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,
I was just thinking about what my name ment. Debbie-industrious bee. Now I have to admit that I don't always live up to it, but I sure did today.:)

So far today:
-picked and bagged up 24 quarts of cherries with my family
-sold some of the above bags with the kids (will go out and sell more this evening)
-made 4 loaves of bread
-cooked and bagged up 4 pounds of hamburger to freeze for future meals
-worked in the garden
-visited FV multiple times;)
-got myself showered, dressed and ready to go before 8 a.m.
-watched some tv with DH
-printed out the college reading list for the boys
-got the mail
-met the some fo the new people in town
-made lunch

Still need to:
-do my pilates
-do some reading
-cook the trout my son caught for dinner
-make another salad
-play a game with the kids
-go to bed early tonight so I'll be ready for church in the morning
-spend some more time in prayer

How about you? Do you live up to your name????

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Wow ~ You had a busy day! ;)

Beverley ~ One who dwells by the Beaver Meadow :confused: ~ I'm really trying to live up to it honest LOL.

The funny part is my Mum told me my name meant something REALLY pretty, but she couldn't remember what (this was years ago) so I looked it up ~ Guess either madness runs in our family or it just takes all sorts LOL

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bev,
I tried doing a search on your name also and came up with woman from the beaver meadow or stream. Ok, now go with me on this one ok.

Beavers are know to be very creative and industrious right. After all, they build those huge beaver dams that are masters of engineering. So...you must, by default be creative and industrious!;) :D And that you are my sweet friend!!!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You have been a very busy (industrious) Bee Debbie !!!!!!!!
Bev, I love beavers, but I love you more !!!!!!!!

I think my name means .... The one who can't remember ......

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
captclearance said:
[

:laugh: Lori, you crack me up!

I think my name means .... The one who can't remember ...... [/B]
LOL Lori!!!!

Here is the meaning of your name that I found:

The laurel tree or sweet bay tree symbolic of honor and victory. Old name with many variants. [16]

Now I think this fits you to a tee! Your name is symbolic of honor and victory! That's you girl!!! :hug2:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
:laugh: Lori!

Debbie ~ I always thought Beavers chewed up everything in sight until it was totally distroyed LOL ~ but I'll go with your description for arguments sake ;) ROFL

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Robin~ of bright and shining fame Huh! guess not!:(

·
27,948 Posts
Darlene~darling, dearly beloved.:D

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well the first site did not have my name... the second site (for fisrt names) had
Search Results

MÉLISSA f French
French form of MELISSA

MELISSA f English, Greek Mythology, Ancient Greek
Pronounced: me-LIS-a
Means "bee" in Greek. This was the name of a nymph that cared for young Zeus in Greek mythology. It is also the name of the fairy who helps Rogero escape from the witch Alcina in the poem 'Orlando Furioso' by Ariosto.
As for my middl one, Ann they had this to say...
Search Results

ANN f English
Pronounced: AN
English form of ANNE
ANNE f French, English, German
Pronounced: AN
French, English and German form of HANNAH. This is the name traditionally assigned to the mother of the Virgin Mary, though she is not mentioned in the Bible. The name was borne by a 17th-century English queen and also by the second wife of Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn (the mother of the future queen Elizabeth I), who was eventually beheaded in the Tower of London. This is also the name of the heroine in 'Anne of Green Gables' by Canadian author L. M. Montgomery.

my family said it meant "graceful honey bee" I may not have grace but boy howdy can I sting when provoked!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Karen means pure.
Marie means bitterness.
I don't think they go together well, nor do they describe me at all. Do you want to swap names Bev?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts