Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a part of a cabbage that needs to be thrown out, along with a bowl of spaghetti that looks like something might be growing on it. :eek:

How about your fridge?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Nothing! But, if you had asked a few days ago, I would have given you a list. I cleaned it out not long ago.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
fun thread!

I've been keeping my fridge very clean since I deep cleaned it last weekend..

BUT I do have a really old bottle of worchester sauce that we got maybe 3 years ago from my MIL when SHE moved into a new place! So it's probably VERY old...What's worse is we don't even USE that stuff. I think tonight I will throw it away tonight.

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I go thru mine to throw out anything that needs it weekly...on Monday's (trash is picked up Tues. am) so right now mine is cleaned up.

·
27,948 Posts
I don't know...I'm kinda afraid to go in there. Maybe if I tie a rope around myself and anchor myself to the sink it'll be OK to go see. Don't want to get lost in there ya know.:toothy:

In all reality I do probably have some cheese and an apple that are ready to become a science project or just thrown out.:)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I got rid of all my alf's (alien life forms) last week!! :laugh:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
A few containers of nightcrawlers and a bucket of leeches. :toothy: LOL

I told Dave we need to find a cheapo fridge for the garage for these things. Don't you agree?

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Ewwww :yucky: Sherry I agree!!

Now that colleges are getting out, how about looking for one of those small ones (2' x 2') for Dave's creepy crawly friends?? :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sherry I remember years ago when we use to have night crawlers and leeches as well. I use to tell dh, get them out of here. Invariably though, I'd always find them in there on the weekend. :eek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have one bowl of ???? Other than that food doesn't last long enough around here to go bad:toothy: I do need to wash down the fridge,the girls tend to pour their drinks from there,so there is some pretty colors at the bottom.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I'm glad you brought this up. I've needed to clean the fridge for weeks. I'm not sure what might be growing in there. I've been a little under the weather (whole different story) and just haven't been up to using leftovers and keeping everything cleaned out. I was planning to do this today. I was just waiting for the dishwasher to be empty enough to put the dishes in. It's that bad!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
You know this is perfect timing, there is something in my fridge that is not smelling so good but for the life of me I cannot find what it is!!!!:( I think it might be in the veggie drawer, nobody really goes into that drawer, I actually think it might be some raddishes!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
SO has several opened bottles of soda from who knows when but he hasn't thrown them out and they are taking up space.

pat

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I just cleaned out the fridge yesterday! LOL!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
There's a bottle of Naturally Fresh salad dressing, that isn't so fresh anymore .lol Left over Trout that needs to go and my teenage son always leaves half empty Sprite cans in there.:(

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
No mystery meats here. I try to get rid of any left over after week. That way there, I'm pretty confident nothing will bite me. That is one chore I hate doing, especially, if it's been a long while. Nothing is nastier.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
No mystery containers any more since I did a really good cleaning a month or so ago-- I am working hard at keeping it clean to avoid having that particular adventure again! :dis:

However, there is some cat medicine that's been there a while.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Hmmmm, let's see...the green stuff in the bowl that used to red stuff...the green stuff in the other bowl that used to be yellow, LOL. I think I may need to clean out the fridge, ok, I NEED to clean it out NOW.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts