Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit, no matter what is on the counters, a kitchen always looks neater when there is nothing on it. No magnets, no pictures, no nothing. It just emits an openness to the space and makes me feel very peaceful.

Now, my refrigerator is covered and makes me feel anything but peaceful. We've got magnets that have characters from the Archie comics, Cleveland Indians magnets with our names on them (one for each of the 5 of us), pizza place magnets, picture holder magnets with photos of the neices and nephews, etc, etc, etc.

I'd love to clear it off, but the truth is, my youngest is endlessly entertained by moving it all around while I cook dinner, and I really would rather a messy fridge-front than cooking dinner with 35 pounds in my arms.

What about your fridge? What's on your fridge?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have a lot of magnets, restaurant/retail store coupons, recipes, a white board. It just has a lot of stuff on it! I too would like it to be more clutter free, but it doesn't always happen like that!

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Pictures, Magnets, Leapfrog toys, Wesley's growth chart, invitations, etc.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Nothing on the front.
One side has a magnet tablet with the grocery list on it.
The other side has a white board calender and a school schedule.
Pretty clutter free here. Just the way I like it.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
The front has our calendar, volleyball game schedule, baseball tournament bracket for the current tournament, drink schedule and team phone lists all in a clip.

The sides have a few other important papers and pictures.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The side that is up against the cupboards (and not as easily seen) has a calendar hanging on it, the ferry schedule, a note pad & a place where I hang the newsletters from school.

The other side (right next to the back door) has my children's workbook pages (from summer schooling). We take yesterday's pages down and hang today's pages each morning.

The front is typically empty but right now it has a bunch of dinosaur magnets on it that the kids were playing with yesterday. My kids have shelves/cubbies for their toys in their room and all of the magnets (dinos, leapfrog letters, etc...) have their own cubbie. If they want to play magnets they can, but they are put them away when they are finished (as you can see this rule isn't always followed the way I'd like it to be....)

·
Registered
107 Posts
The only thing on the fridge is ABC magnets for the youngest. Like Amy, I agree that it's much easier to cook dinner WITHOUT the 35lb child glued to your hip.

On TOP of the fridge...now that's another story.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Completely clean. Magnets don't stick on stainless steel. I hate junk on the refrigerator!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Our is stainless and nothing sticks to it, and we have the built-in wood around it so there's nothing on it whatsoever. I always get annoyed when my husband cleans and takes absolutely everything off of the counters because it is a nuisance, but it really does look a lot nicer that way.

·
Registered
956 Posts
we have a whiteboard calendar and magnetic notepad on the side of the fridge. the front has a leap frog word whammer with accompanying letter tiles on it. I admit, it does look quite messy, but I have to agree with the others - it gives the kids something to do in the kitchen while I'm cooking (because for some reason they think that they HAVE to be in there while I am)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Nothing ~ you can't put magnets on the front of it because it doesn't have any magnetism BUT we have a magnetic board on the wall with some magnets and a calendar :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Absolutely nothing on the front, the sides or the top!!!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
We have some magnets on it and there is a huge mess up top. I can never keep it clean up there so I just let it go and hope it'll clean itself. :lol:

·
Registered
307 Posts
My kitchen is too small to not look cluttered :( I don't fight it.

I collect those simple rectangular cheesy tourist magnets from places I've been, those are on the freezer door.

On the fridge is a laughing buddah poster, I really don't know why we have it up there, it just got there one day and never came down. I also keep coupons under a magnet, and a little magnetic pad of paper.

On the side I keep a freezer inventory so I know what I can pull out for dinners, and phone numbers.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Serenity Prayer magnet, that's it. ;)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Mine has a calendar, pictures of the granddaughters and furbaby and a few recipes.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Pictures of the cousins my kids don't ever get to see. School work and magnets.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Nothing! I cannot stand clutter.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts