Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread regarding the must-have Christmas toy this year got me to thinking about how we've dodged the bullet so far with Wesley not being interested in the 'fad' toys. Anytime he is asked what he wants for Christmas he very consistently says the same thing, in great detail. He wants an orange submarine with two guys and some missiles just like (insert name here) from preschool has.

I finally found the darned thing yesterday at Toys R Us. :0)

What are your kiddos asking for this year? And are they getting it?

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I think everyone knows by now that Diva isn't the average kiddo :lol: This year she asked for only ONE gift (and, yes, I bought it) She is a budding artist (at the ripe old age of 10).

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i want legos but i'm not getting it. too expensive...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dd is getting an art desk filled with paper coloring books, markets, crayons, stickers, glitter glue etc. A sled and shovel and a toddler laptop. Thats all from Santa and then the rest is from her dad and me.

·
27,948 Posts
My "kids"...Ds wanted a hair cutting kit so his girlfriend can cut his hair and he won't have to pay someone to do it. Dd wanted a cookie scoop and a madoline slicer & yes I got them what they wanted.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
My older kids want american girl dolls and a DS. They're getting the dolls. I've made it pretty clear to them that they're NOT getting the DS. We've got a wii, a ps3, two computers and I have a DS they can borrow. Plus we've already gone through 4 DS's. One was left on a plane, one was dropped, two stopped working after they probably got wet.

My 6 year old wanted a remote control car that can go on walls, but that one got horrible reviews so we talked her into a different one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
DD wants a pillow pet, baby playpen, and a camping chair. The last two are from Santa, and we are getting her the pillow pet.

DS was a grain wagon, and an air compressor. He's geting both from Santa

YDD can't say what she wants, so she gets whatever we think is good for her:present:

·
Registered
344 Posts
The only thing my girls have asked for is lip smackers, lip conditioner. LC wants the soda flavored ones and C wants the fruit flavor. Yes, I bought them.

I also got LC the leapfrog tag and C the leapfrog click and start (or something like that).

It helps we don't have TV (yes, we have a TV and watch movies on it), so they don't see the commercials and our PX only has a very little amount of toys.

LC asked for a Barbie house last year for Christmas and throughout this year, but no one will ship them to an APO box and the ones on the economy, around here, aren't very nice.

·
Registered
530 Posts
ds (6) wants the Lego Harry Potter Wii game
ds(8) wants a pet hamster and a Deer Drive for Wii
dd(10) wants a pet mouse and the Ramona and Beezus movie
ds(12) wants an XBox
ds(13) wants an old Atari game system
dd (16) wants Winnie the Pooh books and DVD and pajamas (she's autistic and still has young taste)
ds(17) wants a video game which he picked out. I've already purchased it but can't remember the name

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
DD wanted a pair of "Uggs" boots...Gggrrrr
I'm not even gonna talk about how much I paid for them...but that and a cleaning kit to keep them nice is the only I've gotten for her for Christmas this year.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
ds1 wants marbles and a book, DD wants a book and new shoes. ds2 wants boots and mighty beans. At this point no, they won;t be getting any of those things as our budget isn;t allowing for Christmas shopping right now.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
My 17yr old Wants a electric microphone, a poster,Jovan musk cologne,clothes,a strobe light..

My 15yr old want's nothing!

My 13yr old want's everything...lol..I bought him a RC helicopter,Lava lamp along with the biggest present (for all three kids) XBox 360 final fantasy bundle kit..

I did buy almost everything they asked for..I'm still having a hard time figuring out what to get my 15yr old..he got a job this past summer and bought himself pretty much everything he wanted...like a 32 inch flat screen TV, I-pod touch w/alot extra's..his own school clothes..bought alot of takeout (he get's a discount at the pizza place he work's at) for all of us as well as a $650.00 family gift brand new Treadmil that should be here in a few days..Yes I have and awesome kid! Oh and yes he still has $1200.00 in the bank..I did buy him clothes that I thought he might like..but really I have no idea what else to get him?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Topping their wish list is

Little Miss an an American girl
Buddy Band Hero for the wii

These are what my mother bought them for Christmas

My oldest asked Santa to bring a watch like the one he (Santa) brought him last year as that one tore apart in is pocket during a metal shop project.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Dd18 asked for a crockpot & iPod dock. I also knit her some slippers. She's also got a few small things.

Dd16 asked for an iPod touch. Got it ;) I also got her a digital camera so she'll stop begging to borrow mine! She asked for a chess set (got it) and a couple of small things.

Ds12 asked for a PSP. We got him a used one w/ a game & movie. He also got a new watch and some books he's been asking for and a new DS game.

Ds9 asked for all Lego Harry Potter stuff (and got it - all but the train) and the new scribblenauts ds game.

Dn11 (nephew) asked for a Nintendo DS, the scribblenauts DS game and some pokemon stuff

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
DD asked for roller skates. I have told her consistently NO , you will brake your arm. She is going to be so excited when she opens them... teehee!

Harry potter lego sets is also a must

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Oldest ds asked for XBOX 360 (the only system we don't have) and Grandparents bought it alongwith some games. I got a backpack to carry it around in 'cause he likes to take his stuff to friends' houses and a charging station for the wireless remotes. Got him some other stuff too.

Middle ds asked for some video games that Grandparents bought. I got him some video games and some other stuff.

Youngest ds will get lots from Grandparents including the new Nerf gun with the riot shield attached. I got him some video games and some more Lego Atlantis for his collection, etc.

My kids don't really ask for a lot, but they get a lot from us and my Mom and Dad. Dh's parents don't do cr*p! They've sent them maybe $25 a couple of times to split among three kids (hard to do). They spend their money on their rich, other grandkids!

·
Registered
50 Posts
well DD is only 18 months but I know she would love a table and chairs!!! she is trying to turn everything in to a comfortable table and chairs for herself to eat morning tea and draw and stack!!!

Apart from that some things to use with her playdough...and some more books...

Her mum 24/7!!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
step son - IPad (got it)
Ugg Slippers (got them)
also got him an eddie bauer gift card and some i tune cards

dd
what didnt she want??? she wanted nothing under $100...
wii (got it)
just dance for the wii (got it)
ipod nano (got it)
got her some diary of a wimpy kid book, the do it yourself diary of a wimpy kid book, diary of a wimpy kid puzzle, i tunes cards ($50), some other smaller stuff also.

and, we are getting the kids another dog! what am i thinking????

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.