1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Wow! Good for you! I wouldn't know the first thing about making that dishcloth. I wish I knew somebody that could show me firsthand, but I'm sure that's not going to happen.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Good for you! I wouldn't know the first thing about making that dishcloth. I wish I knew somebody that could show me firsthand, but I'm sure that's not going to happen.
If you want to learn to knit, you can try www.knittinghelp.com

My mom knits, but she lives 400+ miles away, so when she visits (about once or twice a year) she can show me things, but for the most part I used www.knittinghelp.com

The videos there are great. :thumb:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Michelle, those girls are so cute. They have truly grown into young ladies. You must be very proud of them.

WTG on learning to purl. Can't wait to see your dishcloth once it's done.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Michelle, those girls are so cute. They have truly grown into young ladies. You must be very proud of them.

WTG on learning to purl. Can't wait to see your dishcloth once it's done.
Thanks, CJ. I am very proud of them :mushy:

If you look to the right of Lauren's head, just above it, you may be able to see one of the many ornaments (star) that I bought from you. I have at least 7 of them on there now (and that's just a quick glance...there are probably a lot more :laugh: )

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
WTG!!! I had a heck of a time with purling because the books I was using at the time (before I discovered the videos at Knittinghelp.com) failed to mention that the working yarn not only had to be in the front, but come between the two needles rather than over. I kept making yarn overs I didn't mean too. Once I got that and I realized that purling was just knitting from the back it was MUCH easier. Can't wait to see your snowflake dishcloth :)

Me, I'm still plugging away at the one-row handspun scarf (not done in handspun, but Lionbrand chenille lol).

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Thanks, CJ. I am very proud of them :mushy:

If you look to the right of Lauren's head, just above it, you may be able to see one of the many ornaments (star) that I bought from you. I have at least 7 of them on there now (and that's just a quick glance...there are probably a lot more :laugh: )
I can see it. Too cool.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
WTG on the purling!

How glad am I that my wonderful mother taught me how to knit (and purl) when I was 9 years old! She's a gem!

I actually HAVE on needles, a children's blanket for donation to sick/displaced kids.

But I am anxious to start a sweater I wanna make dh, from a cotton/acrylic blend.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am the perpetual crocheter never making much of anything, but always working!!

I wanna make something!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I am working on a 360-st cast on scarf for my brother, a wave-pattern scarf for my brother-in-law, and I just learned to crochet! I've picked out some yarn and a gorgeous blanket for my mom. I'm pacing myself on that, though, because I need to get those scarves done!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i have a sock, first of a pair, on the needles right now. been there for some time now.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Let's see....it looks like I have more crocheting going on than knitting right now. I have a scrap afghan (or two) in the works right now. I really need to get those done so I can use up these scraps, thus clearing some space in my office!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
I'm knitting a purse out of one long fabric strip. No pattern. I'm winging it. The fabric is so butt ugly I'm gonna dye it after I'm done putting it all together.

Jean

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Very cool! I've got nothing on my needles, as I'm working on a quilt for my mother's birthday, but I liked looking at what you'll be making!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Right now I have a mitt on my needles. It looks like a mitt I think. It's the first one I've made and I think I've made a couple mistakes, however it does look something like a mitt. Can't wait until I finish it and get it sewn to see if it will fit my hand.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've got a topsy turvy doll on the needles (pattern by Jean Greenhowe who I think is a British designer) but am taking a break from the knitting to crochet baby sweaters for charity. I'll get back to the doll when I get back home.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I haven't knit much at all lately. Been busy upgrading my website. My eyes are crossed from staring at the computer for so long.

Tomorrow, I vow to work on my scarf and maybe cast on another pair of socks :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a pair of socks on the needles right now. I've slowed down a bit since I finished all the Christmas gifts.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I just finished the baby pants... knitting needles are currently empty (but not for long).

I have a camo-snake on the crochet hook though :whistle:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I don't use needles, but I have a beautiful scarf on my Knifty Knitters. I can't crochet anymore but I love the looms!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts