Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not talking ipods or electric books etc., I'm talking toys. Seems like every year there is something that parents are hunting for and since my kids are older I'm out of the loop. Educate me please.:D

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Darlene,
I'm not sure that there is a MUST HAVE toy this year. At least not where I am. You are right, that, every year there is something that every kid has to have (except mine, because I won't buy those toys because they never wind up getting played with) but I think that this year, the world may have escaped the holiday toy fad!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Depending on the age, a couple of the really hot toys this year are:

Sing-A-Ma-Jig
Nerf N-Strike Stampede ECS
Kinect for Xbox360
Cuponk
Pillow Pets

·
Registered
479 Posts
Those singamajig things are sooooo lame and have such an annoying sound. My daughter's Brownie troop participated in a toy drive, and DD's buddy wanted to get those with their share of the money. Fortunately for the parents of the recipient they changed their minds in the store.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I think the singamajigs look disturbingly like adult blow up dolls :couch:

You are so right! The odd way they look is what caught my eye about them. I was like a two year old in the middle of CVS playing with the thing the first time I saw one. Thought the darling hubster was going to die of embarrassment right there in the middle of the store that night.

·
Registered
984 Posts
LOL at YM. I thought the same thing when I saw them at Target last week. My kids are to old for the toy fads really but my youngest did ask for the Cuponk game which I got on sale at Target for 7.00 . It interestingly enough reminds me of Quarterbounce.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
My youngest did ask for the Cuponk game which I got on sale at Target for 7.00 . It interestingly enough reminds me of Quarterbounce.
I thought the same thing. I saw it online and at first thought it was a version of the quarters drinking game.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I thought the same thing. I saw it online and at first thought it was a version of the quarters drinking game.
It is the non alcoholic version of quarters drinking game. LOL

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I haven't heard of a have to have toy this year.

The stores are so stacked with tons of toys. Our Walmart still has some of the toys that were black friday sale toys available at the black friday sale price.

Aldi's has lots of their toys left to and I remember them selling out fast in years past.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Cuponk is a freaking PLASTIC CUP WITH PING PONG BALLS. Gah.

I like the singamajig. My 2 year old has one. She was going to get it for Christmas but I made the mistake of putting some presents under the tree and it wasn't 2 hours before she had broken into it and unwrapped her singamajig. I let her keep that one but the rest went into the closet.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts

I saw thee too. Does anyone else think it's sorta like teaching the kids how to play "quarters"??? The drinking game...anyone know what I am talking about?? Just me?

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
99 Posts
She was going to get it for Christmas but I made the mistake of putting some presents under the tree and it wasn't 2 hours before she had broken into it and unwrapped her singamajig.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure, it's cute cuz she's two. But when I do that at my in-laws house, they tell me I have an "attitude problem". :D

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure, it's cute cuz she's two. But when I do that at my in-laws house, they tell me I have an "attitude problem". :D
ROFLMAO!

The things in the plastic case at Toys R Us, Target, etc. seem to be odd, like the Dancing Mickey Mouse or this weird imaginext gorilla thing.

We aren't getting any of them. Wesley still needs to get Moo a present so I was thinking of picking up a Sing-A-Majig. I think they are ugly and disturbing, but she might like it.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Apparently it has sound and lights up. That is what my son told me when I told him he could play it with a ping pong ball and a plastic cup.

here is a link to the demo
HASBRO -

Reactions: Nishu
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.