Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Carolyn:

I just read your other thread about your goat situation. I apparently missed it before.

It sounds as if things have worked out well for Sissy.

And your vet sounds like a wonderful guy!

Janis

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Oh he is. He's one who really loves animals and not just in it for the money. I've met some who are heartless snobs.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Freedom primarily.
DH and I really get to enjoy this time in
our lives without always considering the
children.
No set schedule to keep to.
No doctors appts other than our own.
No picking up, dropping off, making lunches,
meeting teachers, sporting events, etc.
Enjoyed it all but glad it's over.
After being sad that they are gone
you now have the time to think about
you and dh's wants.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Quote from [email protected]

"No picking up, dropping off, making lunches, meeting teachers, sporting events, etc."

I enjoyed it too, but glad it's over.

Couldn't have said it better. Usually nice and quiet now around here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, when Dh & I married we bought a van to travel in & got a better boat..love to fish...he was going to retire & I quit my job....circumstances arose w/his daughter & we became parents again..saving a child was more important in our minds...have two now & the looks we get when we're out in public & they call us mommy & daddy!!! Makes life worth living...!

·
Registered
38 Posts
older mom

hello since this is a 40+ thread I decided to post because I do fall into the age bracket but I am an older mom have not found one of those yet
but then I have not been a member here very long and and just reading here there and everywhere around this forum
I am 48 and DD is 8 and a great joy to us

:angel2::grouphug::coffee:

·
Registered
860 Posts
My situation is different, in that we never had children.

I had a "career" in my 20's, but lost it for physical reasons. When I quit my last job at 44, having been there for a few years, people kept referring to it as my "retiring." I was so thrilled to leave and be able to be at home.

So, I guess it's not having to get up so early and spend most of my energy at an unpleasant job. The luxury of being able to go for a walk at any time the weather allows, make plans in accordance with DH's schedule, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Freedom to travel to all the places I have only read about. I am a history buff and loved to experience the coloseum in Rome ,the mona lisa in Paris and the British museum in London etc.I can read all night if I like,eat when and what I want and I answer to noone. I am so fortunate

41 - 49 of 49 Posts