Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Books is a BIG problem here too,along with magazines! Also the kids keep EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! As long as they have a place for it,we're ok,but it is starting to get out of hand:toothy: I think my youngest(grade 5) still has some of here school stuff from 1st grade:eek:

·
27,948 Posts
I always feel bad when I have to throw food out. I've got to get better at keeping leftovers front and center so I remember they are there.
The hardest area to keep clean is my dresser (this & that)and my side of the table.(magazines and school papers)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I find it hard to throw away anything the kids made, but I have gotten better about that and only keep certain things.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
hmsclmom said:
The kids!!!!!:toothy: Just kidding! :laugh:
ROFLMAO! I was going to say that! LOL. DH too ~ but it's not hard really I've done it loads of times LOL.

So trying to be sensible for 5 mins. Books, Kids keepsakes, photos, letters, cards from people, how long am I allowed to talk?? LOL :D

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I can't throw out my "papers". I have papers with little notes written on them. I have lists, ideas, shopping, etc.
I have got to have my papers to live! BUT they take over and I have to clear through them all the time. Most of the time I look at one of these pieces of paper with this one little note on it and think what the heck am I doing keeping this??? Right now right next to me is a to do list. :bang:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Books, fabric, yarn, clothes etc...... :D

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Kids mementos and books, oh yes, books would have to be the hardest............but I'm getting a bit better. We have a used book shop in a nearby town and I recently took some books in and ended up with a $100.00 credit for books in the store!! And you know what.........I don't miss any of the books! I just recently went back in and bought 2 books for $15.00, they are the Julia Morgensten (sp?) books, h/c, one on Organizing and one on Time Management, very good books, I am learning so much from them. So see...........get rid of books and organize and then buy a book on organization!!!:smball:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
smnoel said:
I can't throw out my "papers". I have papers with little notes written on them. I have lists, ideas, shopping, etc.
I have got to have my papers to live! BUT they take over and I have to clear through them all the time. Most of the time I look at one of these pieces of paper with this one little note on it and think what the heck am I doing keeping this??? Right now right next to me is a to do list. :bang:
Sara! LOL! I am EXACTLY the same!!! I get overwhelmed with all my lists and ideas I write on paper! I always tell myself that I will organize my ideas and lists in ONE binder, but guess what I do? I write and write again on more paper!!! lol

I also have boxes of old journals, old lists or reflexions I have written, cards from when I was I don't know how old..I also save about every bit of peice of drawing, writing or craft that my 4 kids have made and still make...:toothy: Can you just imagine how my closets are full to capacity with all these souvenirs!

I also have trouble getting rid of books.

I tell you! If I would make a major clean up of all this, I would have soooo much space! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Anything to do with my kids....their little baby clothes in particular. Food, magazines, I could go on and on :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
kids baby clothes. Especially the ones they wore during special moments... I keep ahold of their really little outfits, soooo cute! It is really hard for me to get rid of those special things. Um what else... craft stuff, i have a hard time getting rid of craft stuff. Lists, notebooks, binders, and so on. I am a compulsive list maker. and i can't get rid of em. :D...yet, lol.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I'm a "paper perspn" too. Like Sara and Lucie I have to have my notes and lists and ALL THESE PAPERS ACK!!! Drives dh nuts! When I do go through them I can only get rid of a few. He even got me a filing cabinet to keep them in, lol, but I NEED them out where I can get them! I also have a most amazing box of craft stuff, at least it's in a box. Anything I think I can use to make anything goes in there!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Magazines. I get lots of subscriptions free and I don't know what it is about keeping them, I guess I am afraid that I will miss something wonderful in them if I toss them too soon (or at all :bang: ) so I just hang onto them and they end up in a basket in the living room. I really need to resolve to toss 2 old ones for each new one that I bring inside the house.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Same here...books...magazines...notes on my desk & kitchen table. Have to have ALL of them...;)

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
books definitely. Everything else is easy by comparison.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts