Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you find to be the most rewarding thing about working outisde of the home?

For me, it's multi-layered.

I enjoy my job, which is always a plus. Teaching is endlessly rewarding; not financially, but personally for sure!

Also, I like the example I'm setting for my children, that they can be anything, do anything in their lives.

What about you? What do you find most rewarding about working outside of the home?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I would have to say it gives me balance so to speak..meaning I'm on vacation ( not going anywhere..just staying home) right now and I'm already bored..I don't really have enough to keep me occupied until my garden is ready for harvest..One of the biggest rewards would be that I can go to any store and not even think about can I afford this?.. I can go grocery shopping and not have to carry a pad & paper adding my groceries up so I don't go over in my checking account..I like my independence of having my own hard earned money that I made myself..I do only work 24hrs a week so I can't say I work 40hrs like most people do..So I do have lots of free time..

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
For me it's the opportunity to share things I'm passionate about with young people. I love the age group I teach (18-22). I don't have children of my own so it makes up for that :)

Reactions: AmyBoz

·
Registered
493 Posts
I love being a mom...but I've always needed more. I love my job as Administrative Assistant, as it gives me a sense of purpose...giving me a reason to get up each and every day..knowing people at work need me. And getting those "pats" on the back for a job well done are always appreciated. I love the challenge of keeping an office running, as my manager is out of the office travelling so much.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have been a sahm when the kids where younger. I loved it. But I also like going to work most days.

My dh is a computer consultant. He goes from contract to contract. He has periods where he doesn't work. I love knowing that when he isn't working we still have a steady income that we can live on.

·
Registered
924 Posts
For me its just knowing that I had set a goal years ago and I have acheived it. I worked very hard to get where I am today and although I love my son to death, being a stay at home mom just wasn't for me.

Things worked out because I ended up getting divorced 2 years ago. if I didn't go to school to get the degree to get the job I never would have been able to support myself to the level I am today. I bought my own home and am 100% dependent upon myself.

I like that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts