Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
A massive bull, horns and all, walking down the side of the road - and when we rounded the curve, his cow harem. Figured out we were in open rangeland.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
It's a tie

~ the naked octogenarian strolling Orient Beach (mostly naked, he was wearing a Mickey Mouse hat) :ack:

~ a man pulling a cart with a bike in Cambodia... not strange enough... there was a horse IN the cart :lol:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Technically NOT on vacation ~ we were living there (Hawaii)

~ a man in a way too short loin cloth if you get my drift

~ a man in a woman's bathing suit

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Yesterday on our drive home... a very large, well muscled man of African descent, riding a pink motorcycle with silver flame detailing.

·
8,714 Posts
~A very hairy but confident older man in a teensy yellow bikini on one of our NC vacations. Saw him every day while we were there.
~A man in civil war garb atop a horse in the median near the Blue Ridge mountains during election time one year. He had a black powder rifle and all.
~A mule wearing make-up and clothes at a roadside stand in the Caribbean.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
It's a tie

~ the naked octogenarian strolling Orient Beach (mostly naked, he was wearing a Mickey Mouse hat) :ack:

~ a man pulling a cart with a bike in Cambodia... not strange enough... there was a horse IN the cart :lol:
Oh wow - this reminded me. Totally forgot. Years ago, I had to commute for a few months on this country back road. I was carpooling with a co-worker and we passed by, um, yeah. Two men and a woman. Right on the side of the road. On the trunk of their car. You get my drift.

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
867 Posts
This may, sadly, not be strange, but once in Cape May, NJ I was about to go to the beach from the boardwalk when I saw a sewer rat the size of an overfed housecat under the steps.

I figured that was his section of beach at night and kept on walking.

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
469 Posts
Is it enough to say simply I spent a month in Bangkok Thailand? What didn't I see, hear, taste or try?! (A lot actually, but I saw most of it)

·
Registered
224 Posts
When I was growing up, I lived in Ottawa (Canada's capital). It gets super, super hot in the summer (think 90-100F). This one day, while in the ByWard Market, I was walking around wearing shorts and a t-shirt (like many other Canadians there). This station wagon pulls up beside me, stacked with skiis on the top and a window rolled down. I looked in to see a family of four, wearing sweaters. They then asked..

"Where's all the snow?? I thought you Canadians always had snow!"

·
Registered
672 Posts
This may, sadly, not be strange, but once in Cape May, NJ I was about to go to the beach from the boardwalk when I saw a sewer rat the size of an overfed housecat under the steps.

I figured that was his section of beach at night and kept on walking.
I've lived in NJ all my life and spent plenty of summers going to Cape May. Although I've never seen the Cape May rats in person, I have heard LOTS of stories about them. lol

Years ago in high school, 3 years in a row I saw a large (not to sound rude but he was very overweight), hairy man in a speedo on the beach. Two years is was a blue speedo and one year it was green.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
That was really something Darlene!

Both of our odd things were in FL

~ in magic kingdom there was a big non english speaking family. Their approx-11 - 12 year old daughter was walking around completely topless. She was at the age she was just getting breasts. A Disney employee was trying to explain why she needed a shirt on to the much confused people.

~ at Disneys water park my youngest yells really loudly "Mom that mans butt is naked!!!" There was a very large gentleman and if you looked very closely he had on a very small speedo type swimsuit. However all the material was covered by his excess flesh. I was pretty embarrase at my son yelling but more embarrassed my that large mans bare butt

·
Registered
669 Posts
I was on a business trip, not a vacation, but anyway, opened up the hotel room's door and walked in on an overweight fellow, curly hair probably permed, dancing around the room in his red jockey shorts. I shut the door and RAN for the elevator!

·
Registered
669 Posts
And when I was in Brazil, I was very interested to see these little white buildings with big ears of corn, complete with tassels, on top of them. When I asked about it, we pulled in. It is their equivalent of Dairy Queen - we bought ice cream cones, with the ice cream made from fresh sweet corn. Delicious.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Oh wow - this reminded me. Totally forgot. Years ago, I had to commute for a few months on this country back road. I was carpooling with a co-worker and we passed by, um, yeah. Two men and a woman. Right on the side of the road. On the trunk of their car. You get my drift.
The phrase "severe retinal damage" comes to mind. :puke:

·
Registered
18 Posts
driving on 1-10 in Florida... a boat came of the trailer and splintered in the road in front of us. Had to swerve just to miss the boat.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I was just thinking about this again and remembered.
Every summer we went UP North.
Every summer w/o fail as we were driving down the highway w/ endless woods on either side, I would always see a long-haired bearded scary looking man walking down road w/ a gunny sack w/ something in it. It was never the same sack,never the same guy. We all fiqured it was road kill in the sack. We all laughed about once we were well passed the guy.
WE made up a story that there were a buch of them in the deep woods sitting around individual campfires each w/ a diff. pot of nasties.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts