Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still chipping away at my long to-do list that I started last week. I am training at night this week so the days are focused on the list and DD's homeschooling. She is taking tests so part of the day is spent with a proctor. I use the time to catch up on cross-stitching.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Getting Back Into Focus

Today I'm going to get back into focus how I started the new year. I actually started off doing well and life happened in the form of illness and then an ice storm. I haven't really gotten back on track since. I made the decision that today I would.

~ weigh in
~ no sweets
~ pay attention to moving
~ I think I'm going to try for those 135 crunches again as well as taking 135 steps a minimum of 25 times.
~ write down for accountability that I am refocusing
I decided last night that I would do that. I figure this post handles that.
~ going to mentally envision myself healthier several times today
~ make dinner
~ prep kids lunches for tommorrow
~ quick straighten of the house
~ laundry
~ clear at least 2 of those oddball things off my to do list
(the taxes or insurance claim or clearing out a drawer or so forth)
~ read some of the Kay Hooper book I started last night
~ work

That's a very full day in and of itself but I'm hoping to add to it as well.

Here's to productivity :chug:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
My rule for the day was to get some housework done before I start crafting projects! Well, that is already out the window! Cmdarlin reminded me on my blog of a project that I had sitting half finished, so I had to pull it out and began working on it before the kids got up!

So here is my POA (plan of action) for the day:
~Get the kids up, dressed, fed, teeth brushed and ready for school
~Get school lunch made
~Drop kids off
~Hit the gym for 60-90 minutes
~Take a shower
~Get DH his lunch
~Take library books back
~Pick up DS from preschool
~Have lunch
~Do dishes
~Get load of laundry going and fold laundry through out the day when I have a chance
~Get some crafting done (finish friends purse, work on soda tab bracelet (might need to get some elastic), finish painting 2 light bulb ornaments, work on a bit of my rag rug)
~Pick up DS from school
~Get au gratin potatoes & ham started for dinner
~Pick up DH from work

And that is about it...man it seems like alot when I get it down in writing! But if I follow that order, I should be able to get all or at least most of it done! :)

·
Banned
952 Posts
P.T
then the gym
then back here to get some cleaning done. let alot go when the arm was in a sling.
start some cabbage plants
laundry
supper
clean up
some tv and crocheting
finally bed! yay!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Today is grocery day. I have to go to Aldi, Price Chopper, & the commissary. Later tonight I'll go to Walgreens, I think.

I also need to do lessons, laundry, and breakfast dishes.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I have a cold, have been having to push myself and go anyway since I came down with it a few days ago but today I'm taking it easy. Gonna try to rest and drink lots of fluids and sleep if I get the chance. Maybe that will help kick it out of me...feels kinda like it's trying to get into my chest this morning. I *might* go for a slow walk in the sunshine if I have the energy, otherwise nothing much other than a little bit of light housekeeping and a load or 2 of laundry in between surfing and naps.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've already done my usual morning routine....make breakfast, shove husband and child out the door, take care of pets, clean up the kitchen. Yesterday I decided to do a whole house cleaning spree, so that's done already.

For the rest of the day I will be ....

Doing 2 loads of laundry - wash, dry, and put away.
Changing sheets on both beds.
Copying some more recipes onto cards.
Working in the garden.
Finding as much to do outside as possible and enjoy the sunny 81 degree temps we are going to have!

·
Banned
952 Posts
oh yes TX rub it in why don't cha?! LOL
Prarierose, you could just sit in the sun and rest. it might help ya some. Make that vitamin D. It's good for ya.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I need to get a couple hours of work in before I pick my daughter up from school.

I need to go to the library and print a couple of bank statements

I need to unpack some boxes and organize things

I have some paperwork I need to get filled out

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Got Ava up and to school already.

Finish up painting pots. (will post pics later)

Shower

Go to bank

Pick up Ava

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I've got to get to work some time today. Also, I purged my personal library of books, so I will be taking a box of books to the library. Finally, I HOPE to get to my craft booth to work on it a bit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
well I am getting a slower start to the day than I should be as usual lol
Today I will be:
~folding the laundry from yesterday and doing today's laundry
~cleaning up the kitchen
~vacuuming
~sweeping
~cleaning up clutter
~cleaning at my parents house
~picking up my girls from school
~making dinner
~going to bible study

·
Registered
900 Posts
Work on a craft project I bought supplies for last night(it's something I saw on etsy that someone is charging $80 for, at the most it'll cost me $10)

Get the kids lessons done for the day

Go for a walk with the kiddos and Honey

Get some payments out in the mail.

Finish up an order to ship.

That's about it for today!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Today I'm just kind of stumbling around.
So far I've:
transplanted a plant and hung it in the living room
started a few loaves of bread for tomorrow
vacuumed under the cushions on the couch
watered all my plants
ate lunch
cleared off some junk around the house
loaded the dishwasher
swept the kitchen floor

I'm just lazy today. :(
Hope everyone else is having a productive day!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Let's see, today I'm~

Continuing to work on my price book

Stripping my bed & washing all bedding, including pillowes & mattress cover

Cleaning out my over the fridge, freezer

Beginning on shredding a 5 lb. block of cheddar cheese that I bought over the weekend, so that I can spread it out on baking sheets, freeze it and then vacuum pack in my Foodsaver

I guess that's about if for today, other than picking up the kids from school & cooking dinner later on.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
It's been a BUSY day!! I've already:
~showered
~took the boys to Odyssey
~took dd to her appt
~went to the grocery store for dog food & tp
~went to Walmart for stuff for Odyssey
~dropped dd back home
~went back to Odyssey to get the boys
~brought the boys back home
~fed said boys lunch

I still need to:
~finish laundry
~do the breakfast dishes
~clean up the kitchen
~get the boys to sort the recyclables
~pick up dd from school
~make dinner
~knit
~watch LOST
~fold laundry

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
1 load laundry
Cleaned family room
made enchiladas in CP crock, to cook later
help DS with anything he may need done whilst packing

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am having lunch. It's sunny and cool here, the snow is almost melted off and now it's a muddy mess!LOL.I got up and did my workout to burn off any excess body butter- I did Buns of Steel with Greg Smithy and I still feel the bun sting.Love it! Did pet chores, linens, quick pick up. We had quite a little show here- the computer guys came to do some work(men in black-Hee Hee) and they arrived just in time to see my dog cornering a groundhog. We tried to save it, but my dog killed it. At the same time, the little dog was on the sunporch in his cage howling, the phone was ringing, and the UPS man showed up. What a zoo. I gave the guys a tour of the house(DH would poo his shorts if he knew-afraid of kleptos) then got them on their way.This afternoon I am going to work on cleaning upstairs. Later this evening I will head to the gym for weights and swimming. Supper and a movie will end the day. Hope you all have a wild and crazy, but fun day too!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Quiet day. Cook dinner. Check bills that need paying. Play online. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Today , I am at work. After work I plan to do (more) laundry, pay a few bills and jog. The house should be reasonably clean still, but dishes will need to be done. Just another typical day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts