Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now mine is just navy and yellow. I'm thinking of doing daisys.

What's in your bathroom?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
One bathroom is birdhouse theme (mostly white with burgundy, green and blue accents, white curtain with birdhouse border) and the other is dragonfly themed (purple with a blue/green/ purple dragonfly showercurtain and dragonfly towels and dragonfly wallies).
I like the daisy idea, sounds pretty!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Guest bath- greens and blues birdhouse theme
Master bath- lilac and seafoam greens seaside shell theme

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I don't have any themes. :eek: I toy with the idea of doing themes in the washroom all the time. Like maybe one beach/ocean looking and maybe the other natural and woodsy.
Right now, one washroom is cranberry and pink in color and the other is pale yellow.
There is just so much I could do to decorate. My home is very plain and could use a little lift. I like things understated, but it's a bit too plain at the moment and doesn't reflect enough of me in it.
I'm very apprehensive to start bringing stuff in though. It took years to take things out.
I definitely could do some paint and new window treatments though.

Daisies is a nice idea.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the dragonfly idea as well.

I forgot to say..ashley's bathroom is the celestial.

·
27,948 Posts
You all are killing me with having more than one bath in your house,lol.

My bathroom (1) is too small to have a theme. It is painted sugar cookie yellow and the shower has a monet type muted flower curtain. On the wall next to the sink (small- no room for anything on it except a soap despenser and a small bouquet of flowers) is a framed watercolor painting of an under the sea scene ds made in 1st. grade. Love that pic.

Yes , I have bathroom "issues" :toothy:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Darlene , we only have one bathroom also and it is very small too.

My theme is americana, which I'm just getting started on.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Darlene, I'm with you with only one bathroom. Ours hasn't changed (except for replacing the commode) since we moved into the house - and I hate it! It's a tropical fish theme, with tropical fish wallpaper and border. It looks absolutely terrible!!! But, since it's the only bathroom, and needs considerable work in other areas (shower/tub and sink), we've been hesitant to take it out of service even for a short time.

I've always planned to do kind of a updated farmhouse-type theme. Bead-board wainscoating up to about 4.5' then a deep periwinkle color above. Maybe add some nice watercolor pictures. I'm just afraid dh would think it was too "girly.":pony:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
We went with a nautical theme when we re-did our only bathroom. I had a navy and yellow bathroom once, daisys would look great!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
You all have some great ideas;) ...We have one full bath and a powderroom and they are both done in an ocean theme....main bath has sand castles and shells, powder room is painted an ocean blue with a seagull border:cool:

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Our last home had a under water theme-whales etc art, now we are very plain in all baths--navy and white in one, I put patina green sconces in the other with a complementing sculpture a friend did in #2, #3 is empty in the basement, mismatched everything,never gets used.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Mine is celestial. Navy shower curtain with gold duns, moons, and stars. I like it but will probably change it when we move back to the states.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Our guest bath was my last artistic endeavor. It's got life-sized trees, a picket fence, flowers, butterflies, etc. painted on the sky-blue walls, and the entire ceiling is sky-blue with white clouds. I started out using stencils but ended up freehanding part of it. The carpet was already this mint green color (not our choice but too nice to justify tearing out) which works as the grass. Shower curtain is a light blue shimmery fabric, same color as the walls/ceiling. Accessories (wall shelf, small freestanding cabinet) are picket-fence looking. I love it! :D

Our master bath is just big enough to turn around in, and I haven"t done anything with it yet. It has lovely olive green fixtures (toilet and shower) :yucky: and a southwestern border from the previous homeowner. I don't like it at all, but it's low on my redecorating list since DH & I are the only ones who ever use it.

:topic: BTW, if anyone else has olive green toilets, WalMart now carries replacement seats in that lovely color.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I 'won' a daisy shower curtain from ebay.Only thing is,she bought it from a wholesaler and doesn't have any of the accessories and not sure where I can find any. I've looked at Target,TJMaxx,and Bed,Bath and Beyond and NO ONE carries anything with daisies!!!
I'm going to check WM and K-Mart and hope I can at least find something!

Yesterday I stopped at a yard sale and bought a brand new ( price tag was $18.99) shower curtain for Ashley's bath for $1 :D
It's cloth,light blue and has fish on it. I bought a $10 liner and fish shower hooks at Target and I'm happy with the way it looks! I'll swap out that and the celestial curtain she already has :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
My bathroom theme is FISH right now
Have a light blue shower curtain with fish, starfish etc
matching rug, trash can, etc

Have accessories with the fish theme........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts