Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for Thanksgiving?

I know, I know, its hard to pick one! :pilgrim:

Mine would have to be PIE, any kind of pie! I admit it, I just love pies of about any kind. SO far I have pumpkin, peach, apple, on my list and have to add a couple cream pies. I try to have something that everyone will enjoy and it seems that everyone in my family has a different favorite.

It never wastes, and makes a great morning after breakfast!:blush:

·
Registered
763 Posts
I am not big on sweets at all, so I will have to go with the pumpkin pie with home made whipped cream!!! Course, I eat more of the whipped cream than anything else ROFLMAO

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I'm more of a Christmas cookie type of person, but I do love pumpkin pie. I literally have it once a year on Thanksgiving day, so it is always special!

·
Registered
900 Posts
My mom always makes a chocolate eclair torte. I think it's an old WW recipe she got her hands on. It's amazing. I'm not even sure if we'll bother with pie this year, as no one ever touches it until the torte is gone.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Pumpkin Pie. I just made PB&J pie the other day and it was pretty good. I got a recipe on-line. My hubby LOVED it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I love pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving because that is one of the only times that I get it during the year. I also love this brown sugar pie that my aunt makes for us on Thanksgiving. Which reminds me that I need to get the recipe from her!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
This year I will make a cheesecake to take home and a Pumpkin Crunch dessert to take to my dau's. I like 2 kinds of dessert--hot & cold!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Pumpkin cheesecake!

·
Registered
474 Posts
My Dad's apple pie!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
pumpkin pie......boring, eh?

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I don't each much dessert or sweets, but for Thanksgiving, I do eat pumpkin pie or pecan pie. I also like this pumpkin dessert thing that uses a dry cake mix and a stick of butter along with the pumpkin puree. It gets rather crunchy and has a nice buttery taste.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
There are many. Apple or sweet potato pie with ice cream.
German chocolate cake. Strawberry or pineapple cheese cake.

I'm gaining weight just talking about them. :chungry:

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
I'm the odd one out - I don't like pumpkin pie.

But bring on the mince or pecan pie! Like someone said about pumpkin, I would only have mince pie at Thanksgiving or Christmas, so it's really a holiday thing.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Just the sight of a pumpkin or sweet potato pie makes me gag.

I like this fruit thing my aunt makes. It has strawberries, blueberries, honeydew, a few other various fruits, walnuts, and whipped cream.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Pumpkin pie, Apple pie, Peach pie, Cherry cheese cake, pumpkin roll, pecan tarts, whipped cream I love them all. My mama didn't name me Candy for nothing, I love Thanksgiving! :hungry:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts