Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine would have to be a chicken casserole I make..2nd..would be a beef crock pot veggie soup w/cornbread.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Mine would be a bag of crisps! For real! ~ that's so awful that I will publicly admit to that! :eek:

Now if DH is cooking that would be totally different! I like macoroni cheese (is that how you spell it?) I can't even spell it let alone cook it LOL

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Those both sound really good!!!

Mine are Chili Con Queso and Sauerbraten. But i don't get to make em too often. (They are expensive dishes to us because the first I use a large brick of Velveeta and the second one i need real red wine) We have these on special occassions.

Otherwise I like best and most often to make oven baked macaroni and cheese from scratch. And oven baked crispy coated chicken or shake and bake chicken too.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Bev, you are a hoot! :laugh: (Macaroni & Cheese :p )

Mine is turkey dinner with all the trimmings! :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Hmmmm... mine vary. I've been on a recipe kick lately, trying at least two or three new recipes a week.

So, at the moment I'd say my top favorites are my homemade Vegetable Soup, Chicken Enchiladas, and this Chicken/ Angel Hair pasta dish (recipe posted under baking club, chicken recipe thread).

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Mine would be chicken fried stead with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn on the cob and of course chocolate pie for dessert. Yummmmmmmmyy!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I love the french toast I make because my husband really loves it..

But the thing *I love to eat, that I make would be a toss up...depends on what i'm craving I guess?

I do really love cornbread with chili beans/tomato's & diced green chile's and melted cheese....maybe a cold salad on the side....and my peach cobbler for dessert with a scoop of vanilla and boysennberry's on top of the ice cream....
SLURP! I need to go get ice cream :eek:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Dee, I make a turkey dinner several times a year, I fill the freezer with turkeys when they are on sale and cook them often...... I love it !!!!!!!!!
My second would be beef stroganoff with lots of mushrooms ....... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

·
27,948 Posts
Katybird said:
Mine would be chicken fried stead with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn on the cob and of course chocolate pie for dessert. Yummmmmmmmyy!
I want to come to your house! (picture a drooling smiley here)

Garlic pork roast with orzo parmesan and brussel sprouts.
Frozen lemon dessert for dessert
(picture drooling smiley here too.)

·
Registered
325 Posts
My spinach and mushroom enchiladas with Mexican corn bread or Roast chicken with mushrooms, mashed sweet potatoes and garlic spinach.

We like spinach and mushrooms, ya think?

·
27,948 Posts
Milhos said:
My spinach and mushroom enchiladas with Mexican corn bread or Roast chicken with mushrooms, mashed sweet potatoes and garlic spinach.

We like spinach and mushrooms, ya think?
Milissa, may I have your enchilada mexican cornbread and roast chicken with mushroom recipes? Big fan of spinach & mushrooms here too. Thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mine would be:

Homemade baked mac and cheese with bread crumb topping w/smoked sausage and strawberry cheesecake!

OR

Beef pot roast in the crock pot with garlic mashed potatoes and apple cobbler a la mode!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts