Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And do you like it plain or ala mode or with cheese or...
Have you ever made that pie?
Care to share a recipe?

My fave is Strawberry Rhubarb and a dollop of vanilla ice cream is the perfect touch.
Pies intimidate me, can't get the crust pretty so I've never attempted to make this one. I've made other pies when I was forced into it,lol. Need to just do it.;)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I love Mock Apple Pie, my mom makes it all the time and tastes like real apples but there's not an apple in the recipe, I always add a bunch of whipped cream... yummy! :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i like apple and cherry. I use the pie crust recipe from marthastewart.com. LOL it never comes out pretty, but slather it in coolwhip and ice cream no one notices!! :D

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I love my grandmother's chocolate pie with meringue. I've made a pretty succesful version but it wasn't exact and she, when she gives her recipe, "forgets" ingredients. ;)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Black Bottom Pie in the Winter
Key Lime Pie in the Summer

·
Registered
419 Posts
In the fall and winter I like a good pumkin or mince pie.
In the spring and summer I like a good berry pie (raspberry or strawberry) with lots of whipped cream.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I like most type of pies. Yummy!!! My favorite would have to be pumpkin pie. I usually eat it along with a cup of tea

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Sweet Potatoe Pie

Pecan Pie

:chef:

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Never met a pie I didn't like.
My favourite is either blueberry or cherry; or maybe lemon. I can't decide. I love a hunk of cheddar with cold apple pie but I don't like ice cream on any of it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Key Lime is my favorite, though I have never made. I have tried my hand at homemade apple during the Fall season when picked apples, but my crusts never come out quite as they are supposed to.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Cherry, but I buy it. I don't make it. I, too, am intimidated by the pie, Darlene. :toothy:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Any. :scratch:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
My favorites are lemon meringue and pecan.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cherry, but I buy it. I don't make it. I, too, am intimidated by the pie, Darlene. :toothy:
Guess we have an "Intimidated by the piecrust kith" lol. :thumb:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Pecan is my favorite pie. I would give up my favorite pair of shoes for a slice of pecan pie. I only have it once a year at Thanksgiving but I think about that pie all year. I have made it myself but I usually buy it. (It is the only food that I have ever really craved besides pizza and I have that once a week.)

I need a piece of pecan pie, I need a piece of pecan pie, I need a piece of pecan pie.....no, no, no wait till Thanksgiving....oh okay. :ache:(I have to keep repeating this to myself.)

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would have to say apple with cheddar cheese on top. Though as one of you said, i never met a pie I didn't like.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I love creme pies, chocolate, coconut, lemon meringue and any other.

Dixie Jean
I'm with you there, Dixie Jean.

My mom was the PIE QUEEN -- her specialty was chocolate cream and banana cream. That was what she brought to every holiday potluck and dinner. Now that she's gone, my fav is coconut cream and a local restaurant makes 'the bomb' coconut cream. Even mom admitted they were better than what she made. When we needed 'a fix' we would go there and have a turkey salad salad (gotta watch those hips -- lol) and a piece of their coconut cream pie.

I tried pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving... the filling was really good but I bought refrigerator crusts.... Yucky!!! I know mom's pie crust recipe. It's just the one time I did try it, they sure didn't taste like mom's.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts