Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's three weeks from tomorrow!

I figured I'd beat the rush this year and get my costume early. I picked it up the other day along with the kids' outfits. I get to be a pirate wench (complete with Hush Puppies boots that I score for $40 at a clearance shoe warehouse store) and the only thing I need are big fake hoop earrings and a sword.

View attachment 12681

So what's everyone else being?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'm going as a depressed menopausal woman.........
no costume needed.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
no costumes here.....if the kids want one, they have to come up with it....idea and all!

the two year old will wear the same one she wore last year - a cheerleader....it'll just be a bit shorter this year, if it doesn;t fit her, she'll go to the fall festival at church in her jammies....

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Well I normally don't dress up for Halloween.

HOWEVER--our monthly meeting at work is in costume. Also, there is a superhero costume contest at our local library.

I'm going to dress Wesley as Batman..which means I need to dress as ...ROBIN!

·
Registered
763 Posts
no costume needed.
ROFLMAO I spit coffee everywhere on that one!! Thank you, I deperatly needed a good laugh this morning!!

Oh, Yeah, i am going as the St. Paulies girl!! I found the dorky dress and matching shoes at the thrift store a few weeks ago!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
no costume needed.
Oh that's funny!!

I've not dressed up in year's but some friends are having a party so I'm in need of ideas. Definitely don't want to spend much money so plan on heading to the thrift store tomorrow. I really don't have much to start with so am kinda loss.

I'm think Gypsy, Pirate girl, Black widow..I don't know ugh!! As for hubby I'm guessing Alabama fan or Camo Hunter like either of those is a big stretch lol.

I did see a pic of Drew Carey and Mimi that I though was neat. But wouldn't that be outdated?? I don't think finding a mumu would be hard and I've got pillows for stuffing. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spent quite about $30 on my outfit because last year's costume used a Japanese tea dress I already owned and some chopsticks. I wanted to dress up this year because I'm taking the kids out for the trick or treating. Every other year, I've spent it at home. I wanted to dress up this year. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well decision is made. I will be Black Widow/Spider Queen.

I got a long black velvet dress, brand new Nine West heels, and a small crochet black head shawl at SAL's for $9. Added in face paint, plastic spiders and some black hair spray from WalMart. I'm going to get some spirit gum tomorrow to glue a couple of spiders to my face for a real creepy effect.

Hubby will be a vampire and only had to get a cape so not too expensive.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
My kids are going out for Halloween this year. DD#1 will be a princess with a princess dress that was given to her for a gift about a year or so ago, a McDonalds necklace, and a Dollarama crown and shoes. DD#2 will either be an elephant (which was her older sisters a couple years ago) or a giraffe which I paid $4 for off kijiji. Thankfully, other than buying candy for the neighbourhood kids, it'll be a cheap Halloween this year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts