Frugal Village Forums banner

Wheat bread recipe for a stand mixer?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Christa 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a easy corn-free recipe for wheat bread using a Kitchen Aid mixer (or a mixer like it)?

TIA.

#2 ·
Whole grain wheat bread recipe from my kitchenaid stand mixer recipe book-

1/3 cup plus 1 Tab. brown sugar divided
2 cups warm water-105F to 115F)
2 packages active dry yeast
5-6 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup powdered milk
2 tea. salt
1/3 cup oil

dissolve 1 T. brown sugar in warm water in small bowl. Add yeast and let mixture stand.

Place 4 cups flour, powdered milk, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and salt in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 15 seconds. Continuing on Speed 2, gradually add yeast mixture and oil to flour mixture and mix about 1 1/2 minutes longer. Stop and scrape bowl, if necessary.

Continuing on Speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix until dough clings to hook* and cleans sides of bowl, about 2 minutes. Knead on Speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.

Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top,. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doublein bulk.

Punch dough down and divide in half. Shape each half into a loaf. Place in greased loaf pans. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.

bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake 30 minutes longer. remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.

#3 ·
oops forgot this at the bottom of the page.

* dough may not form a ball on hook. Jowever, as long as hook comes in contact with dough, kneading will be accomplished. Do not add more than the maximum amount of flour specified or a dry loaf will result.

#4 ·
Here's the bread I make in my Kitchenaid every week:

Mix 2 c. white bread flour, 2 c. whole wheat flour, 1 T. salt, 3T. sugar, 2 T. yeast, & 1/4 c. oil. Add 2 1/4 cups hot tap water and beat with flat beater for 2 minutes. Add 2 more cups ww flour and knead with dough hook until cleans side of bowl (add more flour if needed). Knead about 7 minutes on slow. Place dough in greased mixing bowl, cover with saran wrap and let rise 30 minutes (I heat the oven to 150, turn it off and let the dough rise in there with the door closed). Divide dough into equal halves (I use my scale) and let rest 5 minutes. Shape into loaves and place in greased loaf pans; cover with saran wrap and let rise as before, about 30 minutes. Heat oven to 425 and bake for 23 minutes. Remove from pans immediately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.